AN fittings for transmission cooler lines

-

Heywodja

The Heartbeat Stops Here
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I would like to install -6 AN fitting in the transmission case so I can plumb the coolant lines on my 904 away from the headers..

Does anyone know which adapter fittings I will need for the case?

TIA

I did the same thing because I bend steel tubing like Stevie Wonder paints.....worked out great!

Jeff

What tubing do you recommend ? Anything special for ATF ? Same size for 727 I ASSUME ?

Last edited:
Is the Teflon that much better that the rubber

Fuel leaks in relatively new hose. Thru the wall of the hose, not the connections.
Interesting. This is from the Russell website regarding the Proflex hose:

PROFLEX HOSE (PRE-PACKAGED LENGTHS)
For maximum protection and reliability, choose Russell ProFlex performance hose. Constructed with a stainless steel outer braid that resists abrasion and corrosion, ProFlex hose has a reinforced Chlorinated Polyethylene (CPE) synthetic rubber liner with a nylon inner braid that will not collapse under extreme heat, yet is extremely flexible.

• Features Include:
  • Stainless steel covering for a more attractive installation that is abrasion resistant
  • Temperature range of -40° F to +350° F for a wider variety of uses and routing
  • Compatible with all hydrocarbon & alcohol-based fuels, lubricants & additives
  • Available in a wide range of AN sizes to meet your needs
  • Your choice of Full Flow Hose Ends, Non-Swivel, Swivel and ProClassic Crimp-On available in four finishes
  • Approved by NHrA for use in competition

I would like to install -6 AN fitting in the transmission case so I can plumb the coolant lines on my 904 away from the headers..

Does anyone know which adapter fittings I will need for the case?

TIA
I put quick disconnects on mine last year when I changed transmission cooler , so simple to deal with during trans R/R and also no more messing around trying to tighten fittings up around shift cable either.

I put quick disconnects on mine last year when I changed transmission cooler , so simple to deal with during trans R/R and also no more messing around trying to tighten fittings up around shift cable either.
which ones did you use?

-
Back