And “Fluid Film” rustproofing users here

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a gallon and have an application gun in my Amazon cart. But today while changing front brakes on my 2003 Chevy Malibu I figured I would brush on some on my front suspension while the wheels were off. I stirred it like the instructions recommended but man is this stuff thick. There’s no way you could spray this stuff through even a big orfice spray gun. What’s up with that. Is it always this thick.

Yes stir it until you can’t take it and it takes a while for application, use the gun it does the best work.

You bought the fluid film application gun right? Don’t leave it where it can get cold that thickens it up too.

The aerosol can sprays like a ****. I love the stuff. I have several things shot with it for long term storage so it doesn't rust.

I painted the bed of our shop truck at work with some industrial paint.
I used the rest on my Cuda.

7F34051D-E42A-4F52-8493-98F8C0C2A6CF.jpeg

I tried paint but for a winter daily with this dog gone salt brine they use I need more protection. I’m pissed off I let my 2006 dodge diesel go. I have major body work to do on it.

If you need rust repair, good luck finding a shop that’ll do it. Most body shops only wanna do insurance collision work.
As for the paint I used on my car… Save on the bill, shop at the mill.

If you need rust repair, good luck finding a shop that’ll do it. Most body shops only wanna do insurance collision work.
As for the paint I used on my car… Save on the bill, shop at the mill.

I’ll do the rust repair. I took three 12 week Autobody classes and have done repairs and painting before. I don’t pay to have much done.

I have some undercoating guns, they have no nozzel, it is just an open tube maybe 1/4 inch diameter. They just screw onto a plastic bottle like BodySchultz comes in. Work great and cheap.
Be sure to have the air pressure set right.

A guy on youtube does it, south main auto.
Hes in new york,im understanding they salt roads like its free…

A guy on youtube does it, south main auto.
Hes in new york,im understanding they salt roads like its free…

Ya we have a guy in Monroville Pa about 30 miles from us that is very possible. I’m just to cheap to pay someone for something I can do.

Ya we have a guy in Monroville Pa about 30 miles from us that is very possible. I’m just to cheap to pay someone for something I can do.
Is it really about cheap? Or is it about Satisfaction? And KNOWLEDGE! also Knowing is done right? The first time? That, and extra cash for Mopar Parts! Lol

-
Back