-

Car Nut

Mopar Master
Reaction score
Copper is protecting my AMD products.

10D08A59-A362-41A9-97A1-639CED8C1385.jpeg
EEEA4604-E42D-465C-ACD9-D8D9893DE6D0.jpeg
AFD6838B-545E-4D1C-9001-67BF83ABA689.jpeg

A cool chick I stayed with for years, until she gave me her home, had a St Bernard/Akita mix... you had to Restrict him on Explosive Holidays.

I have a new dog, this is her first Fourth of July under my stewardship. She is completely chill with all the ruckus going on in the neighborhood. Thank goodness.

I have a new dog, this is her first Fourth of July under my stewardship. She is completely chill with all the ruckus going on in the neighborhood. Thank goodness.
We just adopted one. Didn't care about the noise here. But Don't Bark OR growl. Won't even Howl with me. Crazy...

We got Clyde in for the last three nights. Even his easy goin butt doesn't like the fireworks. He's in right now, flaked out on the bed. lol

My cat Abby isn't bothered by the fireworks but does not like it when people shoot guns around here, funny thing, I can have her out with me target shooting and she could care less!
IMAG0021.JPG

We have a doggie door, the girls can be inside or outside, whatever they choose.... Mostly they've been outside since the temps are in the 70's... But there have been a few explosions that have caused they to come inside... But they are surprisingly calm when they do decide to come in.... My last two Huskies the male acted just like these two, the female would curl up under my office desk, under my feet... She wouldn't normally ever do that but when big fireworks were going off thats where you'd find her...

We have a doggie door, the girls can be inside or outside, whatever they choose.... Mostly they've been outside since the temps are in the 70's... But there have been a few explosions that have caused they to come inside... But they are surprisingly calm when they do decide to come in.... My last two Huskies the male acted just like these two, the female would curl up under my office desk, under my feet... She wouldn't normally ever do that but when big fireworks were going off thats where you'd find her...
I've always wondered........What keeps the raccoons and beavers from coming in through the doggie door?

Our rescue dog hates loud noises. Even the Amish horses trotting by! Not sure about the cat-he lives in the garage. It is interesting how some don’t seem to care, like the two beagles I’ve had, and some come unglued.

Harley (mine) chases the small fireworks have to keep her inside.

We give our Shih Tzus a little CBD a few hours before the fireworks. Relaxes them.

We came home at 10PM last night to find the rooms in shambles and out 14lb terrier mix gone.......No doors open, gate was locked. no digs. She hates fireworks and I think she pushed the flimsy garage door open at a corner and bolted. Spent 2 hours combing the neighborhood calling her. Some people saw her at 4pm and at 8pm on our block but no sightings since. :( Put out the call on our neighborhood media site. About 5 dogs were listed.

My cats, RIP, were all pretty much house cats and none of them like loud noise.

My older male husky is usually pretty calm and doesn't seem to be bothered by fireworks at all, but a loud noise in the house will startle him every time. The female husky on the other hand, is terrified of any loud noise from outside of the house, but completely oblivious to noise inside. Our fireworks here were on the 1st, and she was literally shaking in fear, panting, and full of anxiety for hours. I just got her calmed down when a thunderstorm started and she was in a full blown panic again from that. She was rescued from a nearby reservation as a pup and has also always been fearful of gunshots. The new puppy we just got in late June, 3 1/2 months old Belgian Malinois/ German Shepherd mix so far seems unaffected by noise

Our cats weren't too concerned until very late. My wife says they were hanging out in the bedroom and uneasy.

Back when they were inside/outside we did have a raccoon come in through the cat door.
Tried to make off with a storage container of cat food, but it was too big to fit through the door.
I managed to get a pic of him/her caught in the act of entering before being trapped and relocated.

We came home at 10PM last night to find the rooms in shambles and out 14lb terrier mix gone.......No doors open, gate was locked. no digs. She hates fireworks and I think she pushed the flimsy garage door open at a corner and bolted. Spent 2 hours combing the neighborhood calling her. Some people saw her at 4pm and at 8pm on our block but no sightings since. :( Put out the call on our neighborhood media site. About 5 dogs were listed.
DOG FOUND!!! 4 streets over...some kind soul took her in and boarded her for the night. I wonder if she would have come home by herself today if hiding? Whatever, She is FOUND!!!:thankyou:

She's getting locked in the bathroom next 4th or coming with us as we did last year.

DOG FOUND!!! 4 streets over...some kind soul took her in and boarded her for the night. I wonder if she would have come home by herself today if hiding? Whatever, She is FOUND!!!:thankyou:

She's getting locked in the bathroom next 4th or coming with us as we did last year.
Glad you have kind neighbors and that she is back home. Animals don't understand that the noises they fear are not necessarily something they should be fearful of, they just react instinctively and take flight to get away from what they perceive as a threat.
We always plan to be home whenever we know there will be fireworks in our city, the park where they are set off is only about a mile from the house.

The first year in my then new house, on the evening of the 4th, there was a nice, large what looked like a cross of golden retriever and Irish setter running around in my front yard.

When my wife opened the front door, he came in and parked himself under a lawn chair on the back screen porch. Collar but no tag.

He was there all night and we couldn't budge him.
Finally around 2:00 am we were able to coax and drag him back to the front door and get him out.

Never saw that dog again.

-
Back