Anodized Aluminum Trim

-

carfreak6970

Reaction score
Hello Folks!

So I need some help. I have the trim that runs along the top of the fenders, doors and quarters for a 67 Dart GTS, as well as the rocker trim. I stripped them of their anodizing and polished them. Well now comes the time to install them but I would like to have them anodized before I do.

I believe the process is brite dip? does anyone know an outfit that still does this anodizing process that keeps the shine of the aluminum?

thanks

Hello Folks!

So I need some help. I have the trim that runs along the top of the fenders, doors and quarters for a 67 Dart GTS, as well as the rocker trim. I stripped them of their anodizing and polished them. Well now comes the time to install them but I would like to have them anodized before I do.

I believe the process is brite dip? does anyone know an outfit that still does this anodizing process that keeps the shine of the aluminum?

thanks
This works real good and you can do it yourself for about 60 bucks.
20191210_165343.jpg

so it will look similar to the original anodized aluminum? Dont need to "suspend" it in a tank? dont have to hit it with any amount of current?
It's on my intake manifold in the back ground and just use a rag and brush it on in one single coat. Doesn't change the color but you have to do it according to the directions and not over apply it. I have 2,500 miles on my car and had a leak in the thermostat housing and no stains antifreeze cleaned right off. I have it on my rocker moldings after cleaning the anodized off and works real good so far.
Really happy with it and saved me lots of money. Nope no current just like paint.

-
Back