Another burnout thread....

Mopar General Discussions

1. Kent mosby

Kent mosby FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    4:32 PM
    I understand the risks to the transmission and operator if the car hooks up between the 1-2 shift. everyone says to shift into second before letting off the gas. Many say to start in second so that you cannot hook up incorrectly.
    I have a transgo TF2 kit and a B&M Quicksilver shifter and a Hurst Line Lock. 512 rb with a 727 trans

M question is, if I start a burnout with the shifter in second, won't it really be starting in first and I have to wait for a shift before lifting and releasing the line lock? Or would it be better to start in first with the line lock on and shift to second and then release the line lock and roll out?

I have never done a burnout at the track, just the back roads. Total rookie here. I do not want to hurt anyone or the car.

2. mderoy340

mderoy340 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:32 PM
    You are correct. The only thing I will add is as you release the line lock and the car begins to roll out you need to slowly lift off the throttle.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • 12many

12many If I Only Had The Cash.......

Local Time:
      6:32 PM
      Best thing to do is hit a backroad and practice your burnout routine. When they wave you to your lane you can either go around the water and backup into it or pull through itand quick spin the tires, then roll forward until clear of the water, hit the line lock and do your burnout. Helps to watch others that know what there doing vs. watching that guy(s) who bounces off the rev limiter in first, bogs it, chirps it or plays top fueler and burns out and rolls to the 330’ mark or worse. Focus on your routine to do a burnout, then on how much of a burnout for conditions etc.

• Like Like x 1
      • MrJLR

MrJLR Built, not bought FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
        4:32 PM
        I just stomp on it in drive...no brakes...no worries. ..just noise, smoke and smiles.

Jeff

• Like Like x 1
        • oldkimmer

oldkimmer FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
          6:32 PM
          With an auto shift valve body u cannot start ur burnout in second gear cause the tranny doesn’t allow it even if ur shifter is in 2nd. The problem isn’t with the 1/2 shift it with the 2/1 shift. Just leave the shifter in 1st and be happy. Kim

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
          1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
            By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.