Another G'Day from a new Aussie member

-

Noel G

Enough is too little. Too much is just right
Reaction score
Hi there, I've visited this site a bit over the last coupe of years but decided to join. I've included a pic of my daily drive. A '79 Regal. Cheers!
Noels Val 015.JPG

Hi there, I've visited this site a bit over the last coupe of years but decided to join. I've included a pic of my daily drive. A '79 Regal. Cheers!View attachment 1715504452
Nice car! Welcome from the Frozen Tundra! It snowed here yesterday, we are in the middle of the US up North by the Canadien border. Love your car, this is a great resource for knowledge and questions.

Nice car! Welcome from the Frozen Tundra! It snowed here yesterday, we are in the middle of the US up North by the Canadien border. Love your car, this is a great resource for knowledge and questions.
Cheers, I've had her since late 91. I've been a Chrysler enthusiast since about '82 when Dad bought his first Valiant. Semper Fi - marine. I gave a few marines a lift up to the SGTs mess during Crocodile 99 in this car! (I'm ex RAAF)

Welcome Noel. What 'cha sportin' for the driveline there?
318 / 727. About to go do something I don't want to do (pull it apart) but need to do unless I'm going to live with an annoying manifold vac leak. (and since I can't go use it for intended purpose ATM what better time than now).

Welcome from another from down under nice looking CM
I had a CL with all the fruit except fast glass that was a 318 / 904 swapped it for a VG regal 770 hardtop in pieces it took me 8 years but got there in the end in 2018 unfortunately 2 weeks before rerego power steer box started leaking like a gusher so parked up need to get back to it either put in the manual steering box or fix the seals on the power box

nice. you still running the lean burn system?
Not at the moment. It was removed in the early 90s when I went straight LPG (Impco 425 mixer and I converted to at MP dizzy and orange box.). I changed back to petrol due LPG is getting harder to get. Over Easter a dual plan 4BBL CI Chrysler spreadbore manifold was fitted, running an AFB but have a Quadrajet (Chrysler fit) to be repaired and tried. I may yet get a coupe of ELB units I have get checked out and convert it back. The Aus config was a 2BBL Carter. I wanted a TQ but they're pretty rare over here, and what little survived is usually Ford fit. The only TQ Chryslers sold here were the E55s (340).

Nice ride.
You can drive it over to "Mystery Road" :rolleyes:
An Australian will know what i just mentioned. lol

Nice ride.
You can drive it over to "Mystery Road" :rolleyes:
An Australian will know what i just mentioned. lol
Didn't watch that one. You Airforce (or ex AF?) as a kid I can remember the (leased) F4s until we got the 111s - which I ended working on years later. Cheers

Didn't watch that one. You Airforce (or ex AF?) as a kid I can remember the (leased) F4s until we got the 111s - which I ended working on years later. Cheers
Ex, Air Force. 1973-1980
Aircraft mechanic, (Crew Chief) on the Phantoms.
They buried the F-111's when you guys took them out of service.
Mystery Road is a good TV series, from you guys, down under.
Looking forward to the next season's shows.
I watch, on what is known as Acorn TV, on my cable TV subscription.

Dr. Blake Mysteries is another one of your good shows
I just started watching another of your tv series, from 4 or 5 years ago, titled WINTER.
A police detective crime, suspense, murder, drama, show.

Last edited:
Cheers, I've had her since late 91. I've been a Chrysler enthusiast since about '82 when Dad bought his first Valiant. Semper Fi - marine. I gave a few marines a lift up to the SGTs mess during Crocodile 99 in this car! (I'm ex RAAF)
Yay mate, my Grandfather and Grandmother were both Marine Drill Instructors in WW2. My father in law also served in the Marines too in WW2, Korea, then retired at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.

-
Back