Another How Much???

-

'64 Cuda

Reaction score
Sorry to do this but I need to know. Is a 3.23 Sure Grip in a 489 case worth $300? Not sure if it's cone or clutch type. It's an entire 8 3/4" rear from a B body. It's close enough that I could drive to pick it up. I've been thinking about a 3.23 or similar for my car to use when the 3.91 I have is too much. The thing I like about this one is that it's a 489 case. My 3.91 is a 741.

I say grab it!I paid $400 for a .489 with 3.55,two summers ago.I ended up traing it for a complete A-body rear with 3.23 s.g.

most likely a cone type-- I believe the clutch types stopped 1968 ish --- sounds good if you are needing 1 Lawrence

Grab that quick!! I am told the 489 cases alone are going for that up here (getting scarce)

My general rule of thumb... 3:23 SG cone style= $300.00, 3:55 SG cone style= $350.00, 3:91 SG cone style= $400.00, 4:10 SG cone style= $450.00. You can add $50.00 for a clutch style SG. Subtract $50.00 from any case for the buddy deal from/for someone I know. I personally look for the 742 case as the pinion shaft is 1 3/4" and the pinion depth is shimmable, but any case is usually sufficient. Good luck with your purchase, Geof

Gee, guys. You lit a fire under my :bootysha:! It was on eBay, had just been listed. Had a few pics including one showing the case numbers so I'm sure it's a 489. :cheers: I don't want to feel like a :tool: so I bought it. \\:D/ It's about 290 miles from me but only about 35 miles from my Mom so I'm making arrangements to pick it up next time I visit her. :salute:

:burnout:

The guy contacted me & has offered to drop it off at my moms' house for free. Doesn't get much better than that!

Good buy!!!
I paid more than that for a 489-case 3.23 Sure Grip pig on eBay a year ago and thought I got a good deal. I've seen them go for a lot more both before and after I made my buy. And kudos to the seller for offering to drop it off at your moms for free!

-
Back