Another Mopar powered mustang

-

a408swinger

Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself. A buddy of mine "Jessie" told me about the site. Ive got a 86 coupe with a 410" Indy headed smallblock and a 72 Plymouth Scamp street car with 418" Indy headed smallblock. Im from Walhalla, SC. Jessie is the one with the 440" W8 smallblock Mustang. I used to have a 72 Dart Swinger with a 408, hence the name a408swinger! lol

Carolina scamp (Medium).jpg

mostang1.jpg

Welcome to the site, your cars look bitchin'!
Why did you decide to put a sb mopar in a Ford?
Was it a p.i.t.a. to install?
Personally, i don't really care about brand loyalty per se, i'm just curious.

Welcome to FABO! You and Jessie have really got the gears grindin' in my noggin- I've got a sano 86 'stang convt in need of an engine transplant, cheap. What were the biggest stumbling blocks to the swap? Did you use the stock k-frame? How about some underhood pics?

Welcome to FABO!!! I've heard it is not that difficult to put any drive train in a Mustang. Hardest part is figuring out the electronics. Bitchin rides.

Late model Mustangs make the perfect drag race car. They have great weight distribution. I love it when someone puts a small block mopar in another brand of car. It seems you only see chevies in other brands. Both of your cars are great!

Its no problem for the swap. The only obstacle I encountered was headers. I only tried the ones I had (tti's) and they hit the A arms so I had a set made. I used a motor plate and Im running a glide and the 8.8 rear end. Other than that I just used a MSD distributor and electronics and theres nothing else to it. It fits better than a Ford motor! lol

Ill get some underhood pics up soon. I started out wanting to run some stock suspension races and my dart had ladderbars/coilovers on it so they wouldn't let me run. So I decided to use the platform that allows you to modify every suspension piece on the car and they still consider it stock suspenion. Hey, I figured I would take advantage of their rules by using their car with MY motor!

Late model Mustangs make the perfect drag race car. They have great weight distribution. I love it when someone puts a small block mopar in another brand of car. It seems you only see chevies in other brands. Both of your cars are great!

I gotta agree with this a whole lot.

I don't know what happened to the other vid's, it wasn't moderated by anyone.

Looks great though. Put them other vids back up!

It probably goes in a Mustang easier than it does in an A-body-LOL!

Saw you were spraying it. What does it run?

Steve

It probably goes in a Mustang easier than it does in an A-body-LOL!

Saw you were spraying it. What does it run?

Steve

Im swapping to a little looser converter now to gain a little bit on motor but as of right now it runs 6.0's @ 114 on motor and 5.40's @ 127 on a 28/20 tune up on my fogger. I have a Wilson Manifold plate on the car also that I havn't tried yet. I'm sure it will go a little faster on both kits but Im keeping it safe for now. The motor made 575 rwhp on a dynojet on motor. Im hoping for 5.90's with the new converter. Im going to be running a 6.0 index and dont want to have to spray it.

Welcome to FABO!The stang leaves hard,also nice Dart!More vids please!

Here's a video of my street car (Scamp) on drag radials vs. a S10 pick up with a 500" big chevy motor on nitrous. This is the semi final in a street car shootout where we had to go on a 30 mile cruise before the race and had to be on a DOT tire. I run M/T drag radials on my car. I went a 5.92 @ 115 on this run. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCXgJoluvq0

-
Back