Another Mopar powered mustang

-
i was thinking of doing this same swap,thinking a truck pan would work good?

In my Mustang I run a Moroso Rear sump eliminator pan with a QA1 Tubular K.

DSC_3565wtmk[1].jpg

Just FYI, I saw a beat up 79 Stang at KCIR years ago, it had a 361 (no misprint) B engine in it, very low buck car. Guy had this Stang with a blown 6 cylinder, and a 1960 Plymouth that was rusted out, thus the 361.
He said the mounts were no big deal, and used a cheap set of E body headers for exhaust.
I've also seen a 71 Javelin with a 440, and a Volare with a big block. All of them used inexpensive E body headers . Thought this might help.

Alan

its no problem for the swap. The only obstacle i encountered was headers. I only tried the ones i had (tti's) and they hit the a arms so i had a set made. I used a motor plate and im running a glide and the 8.8 rear end. Other than that i just used a msd distributor and electronics and theres nothing else to it. It fits better than a ford motor! Lol
runs better too!!!!

Just wanted to introduce myself. A buddy of mine "Jessie" told me about the site. Ive got a 86 coupe with a 410" Indy headed smallblock and a 72 Plymouth Scamp street car with 418" Indy headed smallblock. Im from Walhalla, SC. Jessie is the one with the 440" W8 smallblock Mustang. I used to have a 72 Dart Swinger with a 408, hence the name a408swinger! lol

Welcome to FABO!8)

75-86.jpg

75-87.jpg

Love the mustang i trying to sell my duster now to get one and put a small block in it

That freakn Scamp SCOOTS! Showing this thread to my die hard Ford roommate...look forward to his reaction :-D

-
Back