Another racing friend lost

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
A6B05C54-D47E-4413-AB64-E2DA74BB31C2.jpeg
I have been trying to call Joe for several days and was getting a feeling something wasn’t right. Joe was the friend that had the big block Victor heads that we spent a couple days flow testing and I did the post on them. Well Joe’s son picked up his phone when I tried calling today and told me Joe died this morning. He went to go to the bathroom, got dizzy and went down and died shortly after. Something to do with his Pancreas. Another 40 plus year friend gone. After we spent two days flow testing his heads he said what do I owe you. And I said a picture of your beautiful Duster. That right now is worth 1000’s of dollars to me and will hang in my shop as long as I’m here.

Sorry to read this. This is horrible.
Hanging his ride up on the wall speaks volumes.

Its horrible to lose close friends. I lost another one last week also. Kenneth Rabenold. "Buzzy's" auto body Slatington, Pa. The second lost to covid this year. No worries we are all friends on this site. Even though we disagree sometimes, In person we all have each others backs. My condolences.

I always wonder if I will miss everyone when I go. But will we even have a memory of who we leave behind? What I recently come to find is life is shorter then we think for many of us. So love and cherish every moment with others that love and care about you.

Sorry to hear. Something about January. Seems like most of my Family/Friends pass in January.
Maybe we will be lucky enough to all meet at that big drag strip in the sky.

My condolences, PBR. There’s been way too much loss the past couple of years.

View attachment 1715853987 I have been trying to call Joe for several days and was getting a feeling something wasn’t right. Joe was the friend that had the big block Victor heads that we spent a couple days flow testing and I did the post on them. Well Joe’s son picked up his phone when I tried calling today and told me Joe died this morning. He went to go to the bathroom, got dizzy and went down and died shortly after. Something to do with his Pancreas. Another 40 plus year friend gone. After we spent two days flow testing his heads he said what do I owe you. And I said a picture of your beautiful Duster. That right now is worth 1000’s of dollars to me and will hang in my shop as long as I’m here.
So so sorry for you and his family. Would you like another racing friend? I love to talk racing and dogs.

Sorry John & Very sorry for him & everyone who lost him and will miss him.

I don't know what to say.

You guys have said plenty and I appreciate it. Words are sometimes so easy and sometimes so hard. I told Joe’s son if he needed any help advertising his parts to let me know so he took my number and said he would be getting hold of me later in the year when things settle down. I never met his son so I don’t think he ever raced. Thanks for all the kind words.

I fired up my snowblower and let it run as we have a big snowstorm coming. I never ran it last winter so I fed it some fresh premium fuel and a dose of Seafoam. While it was running I picked up my grinder to start on the plenum of the second intake and I sat it back down. My head wasn’t in the right place if you know what I mean.

I fired up my snowblower and let it run as we have a big snowstorm coming. I never ran it last winter so I fed it some fresh premium fuel and a dose of Seafoam. While it was running I picked up my grinder to start on the plenum of the second intake and I sat it back down. My head wasn’t in the right place if you know what I mean.
Sorry for your loss. Damn.

View attachment 1715853987 I have been trying to call Joe for several days and was getting a feeling something wasn’t right. Joe was the friend that had the big block Victor heads that we spent a couple days flow testing and I did the post on them. Well Joe’s son picked up his phone when I tried calling today and told me Joe died this morning. He went to go to the bathroom, got dizzy and went down and died shortly after. Something to do with his Pancreas. Another 40 plus year friend gone. After we spent two days flow testing his heads he said what do I owe you. And I said a picture of your beautiful Duster. That right now is worth 1000’s of dollars to me and will hang in my shop as long as I’m here.
Dammit man, you've really had it rough the last year or so. You have my heartfelt condolences.

Its horrible to lose close friends. I lost another one last week also. Kenneth Rabenold. "Buzzy's" auto body Slatington, Pa. The second lost to covid this year. No worries we are all friends on this site. Even though we disagree sometimes, In person we all have each others backs. My condolences.

I always wonder if I will miss everyone when I go. But will we even have a memory of who we leave behind? What I recently come to find is life is shorter then we think for many of us. So love and cherish every moment with others that love and care about you.
Buzzy that raced at Nazareth and Dorney Park?

-
Back