Another reason not to like new cars.

-

adriver

Blazing Apostle
Reaction score
They keep trying to make new cars idiot proof.
It's not working.
I don't like doors that lock without me asking them to.
I don't like secret recording of my activities.
I don't like things that blow up in my face and make me blind.
I don't like cancer.

'New Car Smell' Is The Scent of Carcinogens, And Even Short Trips May Overexpose Us

20 minutes in the car puts you at risk of 'unacceptably high' levels of two cancer-causing chemicals | Daily Mail Online

https://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article249286025.html

After a nuclear war (or EMP attack) the only thing moving will be roaches and Dodge Darts.

That old car smell.

upload_2021-2-17_7-49-42.jpeg

I don't like cars with "traction control" if I want to burn the friggin tires off I shouldn't have to push a button to "allow" me to???
I would never buy a car that will "gently correct" me if I go out of my lane (have you ever driven in Pennsylvania??? You are ALWAYS dodging pot holes!!!)
I hate new cars that as soon as you start it up the radio is on!!! They are no longer radios they are "information centers" Now you have to turn the radio OFF instead!!!
I hate new cars that will park for you. If you can't park it YOU CAN'T DRIVE IT!!!

ever seen a movie called "monolith" ?

its somewhere between a C and B movie and only thing thinner then the story line is the actors supply of talent
the story fits in here though, the girl is driving a new car, and it is the pinnacle of safety and comes with a "vault mode"
when the vault mode is activated the car becomes impenetrable...and because the car is "new" this vault mode can be activated from the phone
so, they girl (who has no place being a mom) is trying to keep her kid happy and gives him the phone while she steps out and wouldnt you know it...the kid locks the car and the mom spends the rest of the movie trying to get it back open

its somewhere between a C and B movie and only thing thinner then the story line is the actors supply of talent
the story fits in here though, the girl is driving a new car, and it is the pinnacle of safety and comes with a "vault mode"
when the vault mode is activated the car becomes impenetrable...and because the car is "new" this vault mode can be activated from the phone
so, they girl (who has no place being a mom) is trying to keep her kid happy and gives him the phone while she steps out and wouldnt you know it...the kid locks the car and the mom spends the rest of the movie trying to get it back open

Sounds like a real blockbuster.

Yet you're on the internet...... just sayin' :rolleyes:

Juz'sayin I don't like a lot of the automatic **** on the internet............the Fox news website a good example of how NOT to build a website. You go there for some information, often linked from guys right here, and there's some automatic video starts playin you have to "find" it on the page to shut the damn thing off. Then if you scroll up or down the page, the thing starts all over.

By "old" 04 GMC I recently bought is bad enough........headlights come on automatically when I don't want 'em to. Sometimes I get in and the key fob evidently thinks I'm a midget and starts automatically mashing me into the steering wheel

By "old" 04 GMC I recently bought is bad enough........headlights come on automatically when I don't want 'em to.

Try one "click" on the e brake peddle, it should turn them off. Bugs me too, I had a GMC work van and that's what I did.

LOL, MY DAUGHTER HAS A COUPLE OF SMALL DOGS , ONE HAS LOCKED HER OUT OF HER CAR BY STANDING ON THE LOCK BUTTON . TRYING TO SEE OUT .

there's no such thing as idiot proof
traction control saved my *** a few weeks ago
two years ago some jackass tried to open my passenger side door while I was sitting at a stop light ~ my kids were with me, I now appreciate the auto-lock option
some of the other options I can do without, but that's the beauty of being smarter than your damn car ~ just sayin'

there's no such thing as idiot proof
traction control saved my *** a few weeks ago
two years ago some jackass tried to open my passenger side door while I was sitting at a stop light ~ my kids were with me, I now appreciate the auto-lock option
some of the other options I can do without, but that's the beauty of being smarter than your damn car ~ just sayin'

Situational awareness is a real thing. You need to be left of bang at all times.

...the kid locks the car and the mom spends the rest of the movie trying to get it back open
Well that puts to bed the ol' Polack joke "Guy locked his keys in his car, took him an hour to get his family out" A joke is a joke.

Bought a late model used car 2 years, ago. Worst vehicle I own. Old cars, I can fix, but sometime have to order and wait for a part (stores just don't stock them all the time). Most of the time I use my truck, or Dippy for "normal" driving. I wanted a car that would be more reliable, since my wife and I have both developed medical issues. Seems like every time I go to use the "new" car, it has a dead or low battery. The keep alive memory runs the battery down if the car sits for 7 to 10 days. My other vehicles can sit for months, and still start after some cranking to get fuel to the carb.

Bought a late model used car 2 years, ago. Worst vehicle I own. Old cars, I can fix, but sometime have to order and wait for a part (stores just don't stock them all the time). Most of the time I use my truck, or Dippy for "normal" driving. I wanted a car that would be more reliable, since my wife and I have both developed medical issues. Seems like every time I go to use the "new" car, it has a dead or low battery. The keep alive memory runs the battery down if the car sits for 7 to 10 days. My other vehicles can sit for months, and still start after some cranking to get fuel to the carb.
My car has an automatic shut-down. If I leave the key in , or the battery goes low, it shuts everything off. And of course, I think the battery has gone dead. But I found out that if I cycle the key a couple of times, she comes out of "hibernation-mode" and cranks right up. Pissed me off the first time it happened tho, Cuz I put the booster-pack on it and zip, no crank no nothing. But about the third time I cycled the key; zoom-zoom away she went.

At the PPG paint store.
I buy a quart of single stage T8 Dark Tan Poly acrylic urethane.
57 Dollars.
Another customer is buying a pint of something for 187 Dollars.
Me : " I gotta ask. What cost 187 a pint?"
Some kind of Toyota metallic.
Me: SMH.

Hey, drive an old car. Oh wait, most of us do...
My newest is a 95 F150. That's like space age to me. I still haven't found the points.

Mother in law got 21 ram. It has the stupid knob shifter. I have tried turning the heat and radio down to put it in park. Yesterday I went to jump a 90 toyota 4wd pickup and the damn thing went into park and put the electric e brake on cause the door was open. Don’t even get me started on the backup camera. Do people still use mirrors to back up?

-
Back