Another Shooting at a Car Show

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this gun violence is a tragedy. What needs to happen to help curb this is to focus money on mental health issues instead of giving it away overseas. I agree that people should help each other but I think that it should begin here. There's no reason for people to be hungry in this country what so ever. Also, some of the problem is related to broken homes, kids growing up without any sort of direction, not being accountable for any of their actions. When they get in trouble with the law what's wrong with having them pick up trash along the roads, trimming grass around signs, help to clean up the parks, wouldn't that be better than then just locking them up at the tax payers expense? And people should be able to discipline their kids without worrying of being arrested, true, some parents did abuse their children but talking to them isn't correcting them.

That has to start at a really young age, therefor by the time they become teens they damn well know better.
I agree with you 100%. A sad example is a good friend of mine wouldn't correct their son,he always did what he wanted and tragically he died from a ****** overdose at the age of 25, I not saying that disciplining him would have avoided him from dying from a overdose but I do think that it would've made a difference. My parents disciplined us kids, I'm 62 and I've never been handcuffed in my life.

Seven people hit with between 53-103 shots, were the shooters looking when they fired?

Gang violence isn't as exciting for the media @Steve welder so the outpouring isn't going to follow. We'd be taking about Chicago every day if that were the case. Gangs will continue to kill each other no matter what laws are passed, what TV coverage they get, whatever ralleyes are held.
Here the media is discouraged from posting gang related crime. The reasoning behind it is that the police don't want to glorify it for the public or the gangs themselves.

Here the media is discouraged from posting gang related crime. The reasoning behind it is that the police don't want to glorify it for the public or the gangs themselves.
What are the thoughts of everyone on here that they think would help slow / stop the gun violence? Something needs to happen, more gun laws is not the answer as they don't enforce what's on the books now. What about no probation for gun offenders?

Just look up how many shootings there have been in Englewood neighborhood in Chicago.... :elmer:

This only shows the last two weeks...

Crime in Englewood - Chicago, IL Crime Map

Last year there were 2300 car jackings in Chicago... New York CIty and LA combined did not reach 1000....

Here's the map of the first quarter ones for this year:

View attachment 1715962310
Good grief. I always knew things were worse than what the media reported, but not that bad. I would comment more, but I would be labeled racist.....and probably already am by some. Not that I really care.

What about no probation for gun offenders?
If they enforced the proper laws and sentences, we wouldn't be talking about this. Get rid of the no bail BS when it involves guns or repeat offenders, no matter the crime.

Kid was put in a washing machine-BAN WASHING MACHINES. But here in the suburbs of St. Louis east St. Louis and all of the wonderful areas we just don’t publicize how people are whacked unless of course it involves an”ASSAULT WEAPON”! Then it is all over the tube

What are the thoughts of everyone on here that they think would help slow / stop the gun violence? Something needs to happen, more gun laws is not the answer as they don't enforce what's on the books now. What about no probation for gun offenders?

Out here in Idaho I can walk into a gunfair and buy anything and everything I want. No questions asked and no ID needed .
AND SO CAN GANG BANGERS , NUT JOBS , TERRORISTS ETC !
Where do you thing the drug cartels get their weapons .
Its too late for gun laws because the market is flooded . And I dont like telling people they cant owns something but its gone too far .

All of this gun violence is a tragedy. What needs to happen to help curb this is to focus money on mental health issues instead of giving it away overseas. I agree that people should help each other but I think that it should begin here. There's no reason for people to be hungry in this country what so ever. Also, some of the problem is related to broken homes, kids growing up without any sort of direction, not being accountable for any of their actions. When they get in trouble with the law what's wrong with having them pick up trash along the roads, trimming grass around signs, help to clean up the parks, wouldn't that be better than then just locking them up at the tax payers expense? And people should be able to discipline their kids without worrying of being arrested, true, some parents did abuse their children but talking to them isn't correcting them.

If you guys would listen and read, that's what this event was trying to do.

A Softball game in the community to bring people members of the community together. All it takes is two idiots to mess up something with good intentions. Doesn't matter if they have guns or not.

This thread is completely off track of the event that took place.

If you guys would listen and read, that's what this event was trying to do.

A Softball game in the community to bring people members of the community together. All it takes is two idiots to mess up something with good intentions. Doesn't matter if they have guns or not.

This thread is completely off track of the event that took place.
As a car show thread, it started off track.

Out here in Idaho I can walk into a gunfair and buy anything and everything I want. No questions asked and no ID needed .
AND SO CAN GANG BANGERS , NUT JOBS , TERRORISTS ETC !
Where do you thing the drug cartels get their weapons .
Its too late for gun laws because the market is flooded . And I dont like telling people they cant owns something but its gone too far .
All I know is Idaho is being ruined by all the yuppies moving in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back