Another SoCal Winter To Suffer Through...

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
See what I just had to buy today...straight from the grower

View attachment P1133910.jpg

...and they're mid-season flavor already because we haven't had much rain lately.

Oh yeah, and it's 81F outside right now.
Do you get the reason I've lived here all my life?

Well, nice looking strawberries but, you can keep the land of the fruits and nuts!!!

Enjoy those and have strawberry shortcake!!!! YUM!

Love the California peaple that post this every winter, and then wonder why the rest of the country thinks there flakes!

Ocdart you're just plain damn mean lol. The weather in Florida is pretty good compared to NE but not as good as S Cal. I could not afford to live on the left coast for one thing. There is to many people in general and I am not a people person. Some of the thinking out there can be off the wall that's for sure. I think I will stay in the other sun shine state. Thanks Bill

I'll keep my guns and stay in Texas.... Strawberries do look good though...

Love the California peaple that post this every winter, and then wonder why the rest of the country thinks there flakes!

Hey, every part of this great country has something that is better than other parts. And every part has something the locals don't like and wish it could be more like other areas.
Our little slice of heaven happens to have great weather, pretty beaches, In'n'Out burgers and beautiful women. But we also have too many people (most have come here because of the weather and never returned to where they came from), too many taxes, and nutty politicians.
Believe me, I wish we could have four distinct seasons of weather and beautiful fall colors. Out here we have green trees and then the leaves turn brown, die and fall off - usually within a week.
My family's been in SoCal for over 80 years and I consider myself extremely lucky to have had the good fortune of being born and raised here. Yeah, there are a bunch of flakes out here - but they probably came from somewhere else.
The only flakes those berries are going to see are the ones in my morning breakfast cereal...

where in your opinion.. is the best place in SO-CAL to live for car related activities?..

I'll take Pittsburgh all day long......even when its so cold your pecker could fall off, if you can find it!

Yep, it's nice living in these parts. Great locale to own old cars. Only drawback to owning a muscle car is the fact that there are a lack of drag strips available. The new Irwindale strip is only a 1/8 mile run. Pomona only opens up for the professionals. Bakersfield is a 2 1/2 hour one-way ordeal because there is no avoiding L.A. gridlock. Urban development and congestion has ruined many of the former safe street racing areas. Our freeways used to clear up after midnight if you wanted to get in a little high speed run but not anymore. Freeway traffic lightens up around 3 A.M. for about an hour.

Your eating your fresh strawberries while up here in Maine we are ice fishing on 2 ft of ice. Vacationland my A$$!!!!

If it wasn't for California, we would all starve,
I think the cool people outnumber the flakes 3 to 1, but the flakes can be heard and seen for miles. ocdart, you bring the berries I got the cake!

Oh yeah, global warming is alive and kicking here! Its 5:45pm here, full moon, dark clear sky and still about 70..waaa! :)

By...all post 76 cars need to pass smog, no one is insured here-hit nd runs are more common then pull overs. Etc.

The weather may be nice but there are waaaaaay to many people. Give me a place where there is plenty of open land, not concrete and roads everywhere.

If it wasn't for California, we would all starve,
I think the cool people outnumber the flakes 3 to 1, but the flakes can be heard and seen for miles. ocdart, you bring the berries I got the cake!

The old saying is true! There are more fruits and nuts in California than anywhere else.
According to Wikipedia, more than 50% of the United States fruit, vegetable, and nut crops are harvested in California. California's Central Valley alone yields 1/3 of all produce grown in the United States.
California is also the #1 dairy producing state in the nation - sorry, Wisconsin 'cheeseheads', you're #2.

The old saying is true! There are more fruits and nuts in California than anywhere else.
According to Wikipedia, more than 50% of the United States fruit, vegetable, and nut crops are harvested in California. California's Central Valley alone yields 1/3 of all produce grown in the United States.
California is also the #1 dairy producing state in the nation - sorry, Wisconsin 'cheeseheads', you're #2.

Yep. Grow a lot of hay too. We have a hard time getting loaded when we go down to get hay. We always get shuffled around because of the crazy number of trucks from Texas coming over to get it. There in a drought or some thing I was told. Wish it would rain for them.

-
Back