Another wheel and tire question ( yes i searched the forum)

-

panheadchuck

Reaction score
Hi, i searched around and didnt find alot of info for my needs . Im hoping you can help

every thread i searched never really answered the question , the responses usually consist of " you should move your springs , or you should mini tub and run this size. "
not really what im looking for

this is what i have

73 Duster suspension is hotchkis tvs front and rear along with heim tie rods , qa1 upper tube arms all stock locations

i have the 73 and up disk up front

right stuff conversion in the back

stock width 8.75 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern all the way around

I have deduced from scouring your posts that 17X8 with 5.25 to 5.5 BS and 245/45 /17 up front is just about perfect.

its the back i need to have a reccomendation on , wheel width , Back space and tire size . ?

Im sorry i ordered a set of 15 in rallys from year one all the correct centers lug nuts etc , i get them in and the rear will not clear the right stuff brakes , put a 5/16 spacer and still not even close they are US wheel rallys / the rears were 15x8 4.5 BS front 15x7 4.25 BS

anyway i want to move up to 17s in a torque thrust and maybe call dr diff for some big brakes.

any help would be greatly appreciated

this car sits a little lower because of the hotchkis springs and its a driver ,MP 360 cid 400 HP crate with a silver sport 4 speed auto . i really want to get the pro touring big rear tire look so thank you in advance

so 17x8 up front ?
and rear?

I went to Right Stuff rear disc on a Dana 60 and my old wheels no longer fit . I had to buy whatever was available in town that day. This is what I got, though I wanted 15", not 17". By the way, it is a 73 Dart Sport. The wheels look great and fit great.

Rears: PACER 177C 15 x 8 WHEEL - -22 OFFSET 3.67 BACKSPACE

Front: PACER 177C 15 x 7 WHEEL - -13 OFFSET 3.49 BACKSPACE

Dart.jpg

I went to Right Stuff rear disc on a Dana 60 and my old wheels no longer fit . I had to buy whatever was available in town that day. This is what I got, though I wanted 15", not 17". By the way, it is a 73 Dart Sport. The wheels look great and fit great.

Rears: PACER 177C 15 x 8 WHEEL - -22 OFFSET 3.67 BACKSPACE

Front: PACER 177C 15 x 7 WHEEL - -13 OFFSET 3.49 BACKSPACE

View attachment 1715171511
looks very nice

one last question , would 17x8 +1 offset 4.500 bs work on all four corners ?

I am somewhat of a wheel guy, but not THAT good. I think not though. I have a local wheel guy IO call and he helps me out. If you can't find a local guy, let me know and I'll pass on his work number. He can likely answer all your questions.

Wit that kind of suspension, I'd go with 18's instead of 17's. Better fit. I have a thread here with the wheels I went with. They are from Vision Wheels. Check them out.

-
Back