Another winter project (TrickFlow)

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Now I went and did it. Not sure why but I like to look to see what is in stock once in awhile on Summits website. Today I was shocked to find one “open box” small block Mopar head listed. I ran up to the house and looked it up on my desktop computer so I could research it deeper and my phone would be free to call. Well the big thing that stood out in front of me was chrome moly retainers instead of titanium. Both spring packages are good to approximately.690 lift. So I called and asked about the “open box” listing and it appears TrickFlow is doing away with chrome moly retainers on their big spring package (smart move ) so the head is being discontinued so I grabbed it and it will be shipping from Texas. Now I have all winter to grind away. He was actually showing 920.00 but honored the price listed.
495170FA-A652-4205-9811-7C8997E8ADBE.jpeg
6637CDF4-8186-4475-BEF4-9F97EB926909.jpeg

You know you'll want the other head, so go ahead and order it too.

What are you hoping to get out of it John? Started looking at these myself to replace a set of RHS X heads. Similar flow but the exhaust is a little better and they are lighter.

What are you hoping to get out of it John? Started looking at these myself to replace a set of RHS X heads. Similar flow but the exhaust is a little better and they are lighter.

Not sure till I get it on my bench and start probing to see if it’s worth jumping up to a 2.05 or 2.08 valve.

I'm looking forward to you trying your hand on the 190.
If there's more to be had, you'll get it.

I'm interested in the results also, the trick flow heads look awsome, but they never seem to make the steam you would expect

What is your deal with buying one head? Didn't she buy one Speedmaster head? Can't you just put the ported Speedmaster on one side and the trick flow on the other?...

I'm looking forward to this also! I have the trick flow heads and run a solid cam as stated in my signature. My first run I wanted to take it easy down the track but spun hard at the line and short shifted at 6300, ran 11.95 at 112. Second run spun again but only made it just past second gear before I crashed. I have no doubt I could get deep in the 11's with those heads. I did notice I could use way more gear than the 3:91's out back

What is your deal with buying one head? Didn't she buy one Speedmaster head? Can't you just put the ported Speedmaster on one side and the trick flow on the other?...

No I bought three sets of Speedmaster heads. And hopefully next year I will buy a second TrickFlow head. Until then I can do a lot of testing on one head, see if it responds well to a port touch up, see how it responds to a 2.05 valve, and possibly try a 2.08 valve if I see the need. Then match up an intake. I know the exhaust side has to be better on these heads.

ohhhh and they only had one head. Or honestly right now I probably wouldn’t have bought them.

I'm looking forward to this also! I have the trick flow heads and run a solid cam as stated in my signature. My first run I wanted to take it easy down the track but spun hard at the line and short shifted at 6300, ran 11.95 at 112. Second run spun again but only made it just past second gear before I crashed. I have no doubt I could get deep in the 11's with those heads. I did notice I could use way more gear than the 3:91's out back

ya that was a bummer about that. Did you get a chance to check out the damage yet. That looked like a hard hit. Man that was hard to see. 11 years now since my wreck and man I hated to have my son see that from the starting line.

No I bought three sets of Speedmaster heads. And hopefully next year I will buy a second TrickFlow head. Until then I can do a lot of testing on one head, see if it responds well to a port touch up, see how it responds to a 2.05 valve, and possibly try a 2.08 valve if I see the need. Then match up an intake. I know the exhaust side has to be better on these heads.

ohhhh and they only had one head. Or honestly right now I probably wouldn’t have bought them.
Proceed please !
We will be looking forward to your findings.

I hit the wall around 80 mph and I never want to see that video of the accident again, I can hear my Dad scream in the video as the rear tires spun and I hit the wall. Same deal, I wish he never would have seen that. The frame is bent up and in about 3 inches and it looks like the crank pulley took a good hit from the radiator. We are going to try and cut and pull the radiator support away to get the engine out this weekend. On the bright side it ran great with new combo, the trick flow heads are the real deal

Sweet, a whole new opportunity for me to ask dumb azz questions!

Looking forward to see what you find John!

-
Back