Any advantage to using a 1" carb spacer with holley Sniper

-
Reaction score
I have a new Sniper EFI gong on a 383. I have a 1" carb spacer with open center left over fro a Holley 4150 DP. Is there any advantage or disadvantage on using it with the Holley Sniper?

A regular spacer? Maybe.. If it's looking for more plenum it will work.

I've had great luck with the HVH super sucker 1" spacers. They are truly a work of art. I've seen them on a dyno make more power on every engine I've seen one bolted to. Back to back 10-20hp. Same in tq.

Coincidently Nitrous Express's new trinity system uses a plumbed version of this spacer.

A regular spacer? Maybe.. If it's looking for more plenum it will work.

I've had great luck with the HVH super sucker 1" spacers. They are truly a work of art. I've seen them on a dyno make more power on every engine I've seen one bolted to. Back to back 10-20hp. Same in tq.

Coincidently Nitrous Express's new trinity system uses a plumbed version of this spacer.
Is the HVH super sucker 1" spacer for single plane only ? I've always thought the divider on a dual plane would be in the way.

Have you been on the Holley EFI forum? It will have all of the answers you need. In short, yes, use the spacer.

I did't even think of a Holley EFI Forum...Daaaa. Thank you, it answered many questions I have. Still not sure if I need to to have some of the divider in the Edelbrock DP4 B milled off if I use the 1" riser. I hate to alter the manifold. It would seem that a 383 running RPM aluminum heads may not need to have a dual plane modified. Does anyone have the same take, or am I just seeing the way I want to see it? If I have to go to a single plane, then I guess the hunt is one for one.

Is the HVH super sucker 1" spacer for single plane only ? I've always thought the divider on a dual plane would be in the way.

works on either type. It is reverse ball milled underneath. So it's a 4 hole and a single plane wrapped into one. A true piece of art.

I wanna knock the dust off this old topic. Has anyone actually tried the super sucker on a dual plane? I have one now and I'm making the switch to sniper efi and curious if I should use it on my performer RPM or switch to a single plane with "open" type spacer.

What are you asking? I'm about to be running a sniper tbi

THOT ROCCODART WAS RUNING ONE W/ A THROTTLE BODY , MY MISTAKE .
I`d like to run a spacer because the plenum on a victor is so small , and it got me to wondering about the supersuckers under a throttle body .
I don't really have room for a spacer tho , throttle body is up in the hood scoop as it is .

I know you can run one I’m just not sure on the super sucker as it’s a 4 hole milled underneath.

As to the hood I’m about fed up with it. It’s been an issue since the beginning even with deep drop bases. Nothing on the car is original at this point. May as well cut a big azz hole.

The HVH super sucker will fot any 4150 or 4500 flange. Doesn't make a difference if it's a TB or an actual carb

I wanna knock the dust off this old topic. Has anyone actually tried the super sucker on a dual plane? I have one now and I'm making the switch to sniper efi and curious if I should use it on my performer RPM or switch to a single plane with "open" type spacer.

Yes, on a RPM intake, and on more than one engine.

So this is where my mind starts to wander. I'm not in any way trying to disagree, I'm trying to find an answer. From what I've read the sniper efi randomly fires fuel on left and right bank, thus supposedly causing the issue with dual plane. I know my performer RPM has a bit of the center divider cut down and an open type spacer would only benefit that, but what does this super sucker do being it's a 4 hole milled underneath. Sounds like I need to run it and find out I suppose.

-
Back