Any Coin/antique currency collectors here?

-

J-MacsMopars

Shade Tree Vintage Auto on YouTube
Reaction score
Well everyone, my truck broke down and I need some money, so I am thinking of selling my childhood coin collection. I am trying to get an idea of what its worth. Is there anyone here that might could help?

IMG_5483.jpg

IMG_5545.jpg

IMG_5555.jpg

IMG_5557.jpg

IMG_5558.jpg

IMG_5561.jpg

IMG_5571.jpg

IMG_5572.jpg

IMG_5573.jpg

Detail shots at the link.
http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h4/Jeremymacdonald/money/

The paper money isn't worth much if anything above face value do to the folds and damage.
The silver coins sre worth quite a bit of money strictly in silver content before you even start on what the coins are worth.

Don't let them screw you over.
Below is scrap value only.
Melt Value

Coin value calculations use the 5:15 PM EDT silver price for August 24, 2012:
Silver $30.76/oz
up.gif

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Description [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Face Value [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Silver Value[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1942-1945 Nickel *[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]$0.05 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]$1.7306[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1892-1916 Barber Dime[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] $0.10 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]$2.2251[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1916-1945 Mercury Dime[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] $0.10 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]$2.2251[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1946-1964 Roosevelt Dime[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] $0.10 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]$2.2251[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1892-1916 Barber Quarter[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] $0.2 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]$5.5628[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1916-1930 Standing Liberty Quarter[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] $0.25 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]$5.5628[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1932-1964 Washington Quarter [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]$0.25 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]$5.5628[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1892-1915 Barber Half Dollar [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]$0.50 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]$11.1257[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1916-1947 Walking Liberty Half Dollar [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]$0.50 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]$11.1257[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1948-1963 Franklin Half Dollar[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] $0.50 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]$11.1257[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1964 Kennedy Half Dollar[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] $0.50 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]$11.1257[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1965-1970 Half Dollar (40% silver)[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] $0.50 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]$4.5492[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1878-1921 Morgan Dollar[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] $1.00 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]$23.7913[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1921-1935 Peace Dollar [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]$1.00 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]$23.7913[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1971-1976 Eisenhower Dollar (40% silver) **[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]$1.00 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]$9.7273[/FONT]

Thank you sir. Looks like rite around $400 in just scrap silver.

go to a coin shop and shop around on his coins... then go to another and sell them to him...

You are welcome. Most are worth more than scrap silver so that is only a base line.
Some are worth far far more than scrap value.
Just remember once they are gone, they are gone forever.
Maybe pawning them and getting them back will be a better idea.
Silver is going to keep climbing and the value will just keep going up.

scrapping original American coin art is not good idea........Adolf Wienman is the designer of some of those ......like the walkers and mercurys....and his work is very recognized around the world ....so preservation should be the first idea.

even though they are rough, the art work $5 and the $1 silver certificate, are worth more than face value.

scrapping original American coin art is not good idea........Adolf Wienman is the designer of some of those ......like the walkers and mercurys....and his work is very recognized around the world ....so preservation should be the first idea.

I agree and that is why I suggested pawning them. If he has to sell I just wanted him not to get screwed over by someone on any coin that is too worn to grade.

even though they are rough, the art work $5 and the $1 silver certificate, are worth more than face value.

I didn't say they were worth only face value but they aren't worth as much as a mint crisp bill. I learned the hard way on paper money when I ruined a mint 1934 bill by not taking care of it. It was a fine example and now it is only worth slightly more than face value because it is ungradeable.

Ha, I wouldn't scrap any of these, nor would I even give away the new bills in good condition away for their face value. They are worth more than that to me. And actually a GREAT member here is going to loan me some money and use these as collateral so that I don't have to give them up forever. There are some amazing members here on this site everyone. I have had some of these coins since I was a little kid. And this is actually not even all of them. Just the best of them. Thanks again all.

Ha, I wouldn't scrap any of these, nor would I even give away the new bills in good condition away for their face value. They are worth more than that to me. And actually a GREAT member here is going to loan me some money and use these as collateral so that I don't have to give them up forever. There are some amazing members here on this site everyone. I have had some of these coins since I was a little kid. And this is actually not even all of them. Just the best of them. Thanks again all.

That is great news. I was hoping you would find a way to keep them. Hats off to the member that is going to help you out.

Wow, I'm glad someone stepped up to loan you money against these, so you can get your truck fixed. Once again, I'm amazed by the camaraderie and generosity of people here.

we just sold one our silver coins for 150 bucks... and a big batch, enough to buy 3 gold coins... so dont down play their value...

-
Back