Status
Not open for further replies.

MachineMan

Remove Before Flight
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Still looking through stuff from back in the day.

Came across a polished aluminium Dual Quad intake
for a Ford big block FE type, 390, etc.

Make a reasonable offer.

If you have some interest, I can clean it up and post photos.

Have a couple of early fastbacks.Got any early stuff?

I am going to look and make sure someone has not picked it up and taken it to the recycle center.

( it's sitting outside behind my shop )

It was polished in the past, but, and like J-low, this is a big butt, it would need to be hit again to brighten it up.

Let me walk out there and get some details.

Be right back......

Ok, it's there.....

It's a Weiand WFM 20, or WFM 2Q

And I found a four barrel riser plate on a shelf out there, 1/2" thick.

Have a couple of early fastbacks.Got any early stuff?

If you have some Vintage Ford friends I have a very desirable piece.

I have a really nice 3 speed with overdrive for around the 1957
model year.

It is Very Nice, with an extra part or two, and the cable if I remember right.

It's been in a safe dry storage for 25 years.

It's electric mechanical, looks like you flip a switch on the dash, then pull the little T handle that operates the cable.

There's a little relay that comes with it, it's new.

I'm willing to say that a guy and one friend could likely start swapping this unit into place in the morning, and be driving it & checking it out before dinner.

Maybe even quicker, I don't have air tools, I do everything by hand.

5177424974_eb3729f8c5_z.jpg

5177424128_011303e677_z.jpg

what is the three speed out of?any Idea? pic's?

what is the three speed out of?any Idea? pic's?

If I had to guess, I would say.......

Ok, .... if in 1956 or 57 if someone asked for the overdrive option in a Ford Ranch Wagon, or a sedan.

This is what the factory would install.

Following along this logic, it would bolt up to a 223 6 cyl, and the Y blocks, 272,292,312, etc....

It's in storage, as for what it looks like, it's painted silver, and has like a module that looks a little like the head on a small magneto bolted to the side.

When I bought it, (about 25 years ago), I peeked inside, it looked like new, I paid the guy and was pleased to find such a nice unit.

Pics?..... maybe I can get over there, if you have a strong interest.

The pictures I posted are after some shampoo, a hand brush and the garden hose.

It can look better with a proper clean up.

5177424128_011303e677.jpg

Depends on what it is out of.Same basic trans from Thunderbird to pickups.Also Studebaker cars and trucks.Does it have the silenoid-governor-speedometer gear in it?Sorry no more hijacking

Depends on what it is out of.Same basic trans from Thunderbird to pickups.Also Studebaker cars and trucks.Does it have the silenoid-governor-speedometer gear in it?Sorry no more hijacking

It's ok, you can post all you want, you're amongst friends.:-D

But, the bolt pattern would be the same, "Except".......

There are two Ford patterns that I know of in this era.

Some bell housings have both patterns, some one or the other.

And yes it's true if someone asked for an overdrive trans when they ordered their pick up truck, this is what they would have gotten.

I believe this trans came out of a car, and thus would have the smaller of the two patterns, also the input shaft is the car type spline.

Does it have the solenoid-governor-speedometer gear in it?

I'm sorry, I am not 100 % sure what you are referring to.

Not your fault, my fault,..... I could show the trans to a professional, or you could tell me what to look for.

I believe there is a speedo gear in the tail shaft, I would never leave a hole like that to just be open.

And I don't remember putting a cork in it.

I am diggin on that dual quad -- thanks for all the great pictures! If you might be interested in a trade offer of some kind, please give me a call. I think I could maybe do it a little justice.

did you get it cudachick?

No but it was a nice little jewel ... I would've snagged it up if the circumstances had permitted it.

Congrats on a quick sale MachineMan! I enjoyed getting to know you in the meantime. I think you're going to be a terrific asset around here once you get settled in. :-D

Congrats on a quick sale MachineMan! I enjoyed getting to know you in the meantime. I think you're going to be a terrific asset around here once you get settled in. :-D

Thanks, but there are a lot sharp people here, I think I will spend most of my time reading and learning.

If you have some Vintage Ford friends I have a very desirable piece.

I have a really nice 3 speed with overdrive for around the 1957
model year.

It is Very Nice, with an extra part or two, and the cable if I remember right.

It's been in a safe dry storage for 25 years.

It's electric mechanical, looks like you flip a switch on the dash, then pull the little T handle that operates the cable.

There's a little relay that comes with it, it's new.

I'm willing to say that a guy and one friend could likely start swapping this unit into place in the morning, and be driving it & checking it out before dinner.

Maybe even quicker, I don't have air tools, I do everything by hand.

I made it to storage.............

Here are the pictures.

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

Hope these pictures answer some questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back