Any help./6 distributor

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have decided to go though my distributor and replace the electronic pick up.
This distributor only has about 7 thousand miles on it and got hit mt lightning and engine bay caught on fire.
While I have it out and getting ready to repair it is there anything I can do to it or need to do like lube it anywhere ?
The other distributor I have has a little wear on it and wriggles just a bit more then I need it to, to keep a good setting on it and run smooth on a no load cruise :shaking2:, So :-| I have gave pentronics system a thought and wondered if there system would smooth the old dizzy out ? would it do better then the magnetic MoPar ECU system ?
But I have a new pick up and thought I would give this a try first.
While I am in the dizzy is there any area's that I should lube to prevent wear on my Dizzy I have 7k on ? It ran smooth as silk and I was very happy with it.

Here I go :eek:ccasion: So if there is a thread or site with pictures it sure would be a world of help or talk me though it. and advise and opinion on the pentronics system ? Thank you all for your time today :home:

Attachments

• Father's day 2011 075.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 112
It's back to normal HAAAAAAYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzB5GE80hPg"]YouTube - ‪/6 170/ running smooth‬‏[/ame]

I changed out vacuum advance and clean lube and set air gap.
The old Dizzy had a little to much play so I built one out of the two :love4:

Attachments

• Father's day 2011 079.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 114
  • Father's day 2011 080.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 109
as for the petronixs... i luv it! ive had mine for amost 5 years with no issues...

they make an Ignitor I II and III, the third one comes with a rev limiter which would be nice to have just in-case something happens with a stick car...

-
Back