Any interest in Skip White HEI walk through?

-

PanGasket

has cork sides
Reaction score
I'm gonna be installing a Skip White HEI dizzy on my truck soon. I got it and it looks like a pretty solid product. :cheers: I plan on ordering a spare cap and rotor here soon to have an emergency pair. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a step by step walk-through with pictures? I might also add in some tuning stuff for novices like myself as Rob(RustyRatRod) helps me out.

If you can, I'd like to see something like "what's inside" "what the curve is" and what / how the module is and goes in.

This has got to say something about "how really bad" the destructions are for this type of thing

Hell yeah. Stop jackin yer jaw about it and get on it.

If you can, I'd like to see something like "what's inside" "what the curve is" and what / how the module is and goes in.

This has got to say something about "how really bad" the destructions are for this type of thing

They come with no instructions.

I will get some pictures for you Del. I will also be seeing what the curve is as well so you will know. That is including vacuum advance in the end of it all maybe.

I'll check it out, if you take the time to do it.
well, its going on my daily driver to replace a POS unit installed by Rodney at C&R Transmissions. You can more than expect me to do it and take a bunch of pictures of how I did it to be crucified at a later date :toothy10:

Here's some pics of the dizzy.
0WVOSRp.jpg

79fEVZY.jpg

1TGAT15.jpg

91w7tvE.jpg

U2y5ZWx.jpg

!! DOH !! So this this is NOT actually a GM module, is it, (although electrically maybe)

!! DOH !! So this this is NOT actually a GM module, is it, (although electrically maybe)
I don't think so. I have seen other HEI modules with them on the inside instead of the ends like this but I have no clue what application they come from. :dontknow: If it goes bad, I will use one of the GM style and bend the terminals upward (very carefully) so the wires and module can fit in the cover still. Other people who have used the unit and Skip White claim its the exact same as a GM unit internally. I will have to find me a spare AC Delco unit to throw in my roadside box just incase as well.

I have one of these as well, but I'm nowhere close to even considering it's hook up. I guess I better watch this one too.
:happy1::glasses7:

Coil arrived today. Ordered it from Skip White as it included a coil bracket made of aluminum (no one really offers a new E-core coil bracket), wire boot, all the hardware, and the plug for the coil itself for $51.50 to my door

Here's the specs on it off the box.
Coil style: E-core
Maximum Voltage: 50,000V
Turns Ratio: 100:1
Primary Resistance: 0.35 ohms
Secondary Resistance: 8.5k ohms
Inductance: 5.5 mH
Peak Current: 260 mA
Spark Duration: 250 uS
Weight: 2.35lbs

LDejBMj.jpg

We have been running one on Dad's 69 Dart for a few years now. It doesn't see as many miles as it should, but we have been pleased with it. The price was right, and it was a good step up from the worn out points distributor we started out with.

Aren't you glad now that you didn't do your cheap *** piece meal on the coil?

Man, what's that butt-ugly blue oval thing on my screen? I better go get some Windex to clean it off. :finga:
at least they circled the problem! when are patrick and morgan going to give up on the ford prostockers?-------bob

Gonna hit up some of the local marine supply stores tomorrow and see if I can find a power stud. I'm trying not to blow my budget and marine supply stores tend to have them (sometimes). Too bad West Marine has taken down most of the local run marine shops

-
Back