Any Leave It To Beaver fans?

-

DodgeLad

Skipped the Light Fandango
Reaction score
The last episode is playing right now on MeTV. The entire 6-year run starts tomorrow morning with episode 1. I tend to like the early stuff with Larry Mondelo. And less dubbed laughter. lol

As a matter of fact, I'm watching it now, on the MeTV channel, on COMCAST.
Rather watch the Beaver, than the national morning news channels that's it's time framed with.

As a matter of fact, I'm watching it now, on the MeTV channel, on COMCAST.
Rather watch the Beaver, than the national morning news channels that's it's time framed with.
Oh no question there.
I usually watch Perry Mason right after, but I've seen almost all of them. And it's a whodunnit, so when you know the end it's not as watchable. Some cool old cars in that one. In the 10 year run, they go through GM, Ford and Chrysler eras.

Yeah, it's a good escape from the modern world for a half hour or so.

As usual I tend to research things that interest me and have the book "The World According to Beaver". All the episodes are listed in the order they were broadcast. Later, the cars were supplied by Chrysler so there are always Valiants and other Mopars around. I tend to like the middle years, not the first season or last. I also got the Ken Osmond biography. He went on to become a motorcycle cop in CA and was shot in the line of duty. He eventually retired due to PTSD from that incident. Miss Landers was a heavy smoker and died of lung cancer at a young age.

But I drool when I see Lumpy's sweet 40 Ford convertible.

I guess I like it because I can relate to the era as I grew up then. Like the Beaver, I got into mischief but nothing really bad.
Like my 2 buddies and I built a go cart using an old lawn mower engine. I made a custom dual exhaust from 1/2" pipe, a tee and elbows with no muffler. Of course, I was the one who got pulled over by a cop when I was about 12. I had a flashlight taped on the front and was driving after dark.
Another time I was walking and had my head down while playing baseball in 2 front yards. A friend hit the "hardball" and it bounced right off my head and ricocheted through a neighbor's window. We all had to chip in to get it fixed.
Gary's parents both worked which was not common back then. One day we rode our bikes to the local discount store and bought a gallon of paint and brushes. We had his room painted purple by the time they got home from work.
Perfect Beaver episodes.

Watch it all the time. Always wanted to see June's knockers.

Watch it all the time. Always wanted to see June's knockers.
They were on the front door of June's house??????!! Everybody likes a good pair of knockers?

upload_2021-1-14_11-48-53.jpeg

Last edited:
“Hi Mrs. Cleaver...can the Beaver come out and play?”

You bet. Can the Beaver come out and play?
That reminds of some old trivia:

"Leave it to Beaver" had the first sexual innuendo on TV at the time. Sexual references were not allowed on TV back in those days. The Beaver had gotten into big trouble and was sent to bed without any supper. Either way, it happened when June told Ward Cleaver the next morning. June said, "You were pretty hard on the Beaver last night!!"

After my post I saw that someone just beat me to it!!:mad::mob::poke::soapbox:

That reminds of some old trivia:

"Leave it to Beaver" had the first sexual innuendo on TV at the time. Sexual references were not allowed on TV back in those days. The Beaver had gotten into big trouble and was sent to bed without any supper. Either way, it happened when June told Ward Cleaver the next morning. June said, "You were pretty hard on the Beaver last night!!"

After my post I saw that someone just beat me to it!!:mad::mob::poke::soapbox:
This ole man treed your ***, eh

I've read one of the reasons the show was cancelled, was because Barbara Billingsley was getting uncomfortable when the boys would hug her. She said they were starting to notice boobs. LOL

I've read one of the reasons the show was cancelled, was because Barbara Billingsley was getting uncomfortable when the boys would hug her. She said they were starting to notice boobs. LOL
Bummer
I thought she looked as good in the first episode as she did in the last. Everyone else changed a lot.
If the show continued it would have changed course a lot, with Wally going off to college. And I didn't like the older Beaver nearly as much. He became a smart aleck who had to learn the hard way, but he started out a wide-eyed naive child who made me laugh a lot more.

-
Back