Any luck finding Ammo?

-
No big issues here in ID. Occasionally the "sky is falling" crowd will panic and buy up everything in sight.

As the big DoD contracts go away, so will cheap plentiful NATO caliber ammo.

Unless he has a huge family to help man all those guns, I wonder why he needs so many. He can only shoot one (maybe 2) at a time. I have 3, and only plan on getting 3, maybe 4 more. I also plan on 2 of those being the same caliber as what I already have so I don't need to stock up so many types of ammo.
Right now, I have an AR-15 (.223/5.56)
Ruger P94 (.40 S&W)
Winchester 1894 (.32 SPL)
Planning on a .223 Saiga, A shotgun, and another .40 pistol...and a 30-06, .308, or something along those lines for a high power rifle.

Unless he has a huge family to help man all those guns, I wonder why he needs so many. He can only shoot one (maybe 2) at a time. I have 3, and only plan on getting 3, maybe 4 more. I also plan on 2 of those being the same caliber as what I already have so I don't need to stock up so many types of ammo.
Right now, I have an AR-15 (.223/5.56)
Ruger P94 (.40 S&W)
Winchester 1894 (.32 SPL)
Planning on a .223 Saiga, A shotgun, and another .40 pistol...and a 30-06, .308, or something along those lines for a high power rifle.
With your arsenal I would fore go the Saiga. You already have the AR. Every home should have a shotgun. Semi autos are as low as $700(good ones). But a nice 12G Mossberg should do the trick. Semi auto 308 185 grain rifle like a SA M1A or SOCOM will finish off your arsenal real nice. Those are good to a 1000 yards equiped with the right scope and good eyesight!

Unless he has a huge family to help man all those guns, I wonder why he needs so many..

My uncle has a large arsenal almost as large as that. He's been scamming disability for 30 years to pay for it too.

I'm having a hard time justifying buying an AR or AK here in CA. Been thinking about getting an M1 Garand though.

That guy "Black Blade" is a real prepper. He has "bug out" locations besides that one stocked also. You should see the pics of his food stash. Native American up in the NW.

He also brags about having gold and silver stashed too. Guess some folks like to be somewhat in control of their destiny. Things may get rough if the guv defaults on the debt and has to print their way out of the mess they let the banksters get us into. This guy is just prepping, in his own way.

I have a few guns myself but hope I never have to use them.

That guy "Black Blade" is a real prepper. He has "bug out" locations besides that one stocked also. You should see the pics of his food stash. Native American up in the NW.

He also brags about having gold and silver stashed too. Guess some folks like to be somewhat in control of their destiny. Things may get rough if the guv defaults on the debt and has to print their way out of the mess they let the banksters get us into. This guy is just prepping, in his own way.

I have a few guns myself but hope I never have to use them.

Wow. I don't consider myself a prepper but do like having the means to "Hold down he Fort" for 3-6 months if need be.

Like you, I hope I never have to use a firearm for anything other than enjoyment.

My uncle has a large arsenal almost as large as that. He's been scamming disability for 30 years to pay for it too.

I'm having a hard time justifying buying an AR or AK here in CA. Been thinking about getting an M1 Garand though.

M1 Garand is a big gun with the fire power to back it up. 8 semi auto 30.06 rounds down range can cause a lot of damage. M1 Garand makes an AR look like a pop gun. And loading the En-bloc is an aquired process.

I keep approximately..

600 rounds of 7.62 x39mm
800 rounds of .45 ACP
1200 rounds of 9mm. (now topped off)

basically 3 full .30 cal ammo cans, fits nicely in my gun safe.

358de68f.jpg

With your arsenal I would fore go the Saiga. You already have the AR. Every home should have a shotgun. Semi autos are as low as $700(good ones). But a nice 12G Mossberg should do the trick. Semi auto 308 185 grain rifle like a SA M1A or SOCOM will finish off your arsenal real nice. Those are good to a 1000 yards equiped with the right scope and good eyesight!

Only reason for the Saiga is the wife wants one, otherwise, I wouldn't get it. She wanted the 5.45, but she'll get the 5.56 so I don't have to keep too many kinds of ammo. A Mossberg 500 or 509 is what I have in mind for the Shotgun; good quality and good price, plus I've done quite a bit of CQB training with them, so I'm familiar with it (and the sound of pumping a shotgun should be enough to deter most would-be thieves).

The only real downside to having an AR or AK is that they can't be fully auto or burst, but I really don't have a need or desire to "spray and pray." I didn't plan on getting an AR, but a guy was selling it for a good price, then I found out he was also selling the 1894, so I got him to give me a really nice package deal on the 2.

Oh, and if you get an AK without a pistol grip, you don't need the bullet button. I just found out that only semi-auto's with a pistol grip require them...I previously though all semi-auto's required it.

The only real downside to having an AR or AK is that they can't be fully auto or burst, but I really don't have a need or desire to "spray and pray." I didn't plan on getting an AR, but a guy was selling it for a good price, then I found out he was also selling the 1894, so I got him to give me a really nice package deal on the 2.

Oh, and if you get an AK without a pistol grip, you don't need the bullet button. I just found out that only semi-auto's with a pistol grip require them...I previously though all semi-auto's required it.
Whats funny is that most folks think Cali its too restrictive. I was in Montana a couple of months ago and attended a gun show there. The gun shows here put it to shame. Fully automatic costs to much. My M1 carbine has a conversion kit to transform it to an M2 fully automatic. I even have the 30 round magazines. I like your wife's way of thinking. It keeps the cost down when you have the same rounds to share. Remington 700, Tikka or Springfield Armory make real nice 308 Winchester rifles that give the meaning of reaching out to someone. A 1000 yards away.

you can never go wrong with an Ar, Mini 14, 38 or 357 revolver (prefere the 357 as you can shoot 38 thru it as well...) and something for long range... 264 or a 300 mag...

Been thinking about getting an M1 Garand though.
Last I looked the Garand was no longer on the SA website, they still available new?? I have 50+ weapons stuffed into my safe. I think there is one in the garage. Have a 22lr revolver up to a S&W 500 Magnum, A couple of 22lr longs guns on up to a 50bmg rifle, all just because I can.....Hope I never need them for anything but shooting produce.....

No problem with ammo here. The only thing I really have trouble gettin ammo for is my 45-70 and my 7.62x25. Local wally-mart has lots of 9mm,40s&w,223 and 7.62x39

Last I looked the Garand was no longer on the SA website, they still available new?? I have 50+ weapons stuffed into my safe. I think there is one in the garage. Have a 22lr revolver up to a S&W 500 Magnum, A couple of 22lr longs guns on up to a 50bmg rifle, all just because I can.....Hope I never need them for anything but shooting produce.....
SA only made a limited run of M1 Garands from 2001-2002. And the productions numbers were around 1700 rifles. They have the information on their web page still so you can download the manual. Your best bet on buying an M1 Garand is when the gun show comes to your town. Many are in pristine condition but they aren't cheap. Expect to pay around $1500 for a perfect specimen. Parts are plentiful seeing as they were the second most produced battle rifle in WW2.

I order shipments of ammo for work and have had trouble getting them in from Winchester. It took months to finally get a pallet of 20,000 rounds of .40 caliber for my guys to shoot.

Wrong ! There is a conspiracy here.

George soras is buying up ammo and gun manufacturers. He's a far left liberal, billionaire. Wait till he shuts them down, and with obama in there, the government will pay him to do it.

The democratic party has over 80 house members belonging to the communist or progressives now. Russian life syle, here we come. Plenty of Nothing.

Doesn't matter how much ammo you have, once they make their move, It'll be a crime to have it.

Don't believe me, prove me wrong !

I order shipments of ammo for work and have had trouble getting them in from Winchester. It took months to finally get a pallet of 20,000 rounds of .40 caliber for my guys to shoot.

You are competing with the DHS 400 million round buy. Why the F does homeland insecurity need 400 million rounds?

No problems here in Oregon even as far back to 08 - 09.. 9mm, 45, 223, 243, 308 whatever is needed. You who have problems should put the blame where it belongs, on your state..

Were not too far behind them. In Porkland, ammo was limited even at bi-mart for the calibers you mentioned until about last year and 7.62x39 is still slow to come back.....the price has gone up considerably. Buying a gun is like buying a printer, the ink cost more than the printer.....

I went and bought another box of critical defense today with no problem, I do however have problems finding 32win spl lol I wonder why.....

I popped in my local gun store today just to check. They had a couple of boxes of 9mm and 1 box of 40S&W, both Green Box Remington so I passed. They said all of their bulk specials (300-1000rounds) were flying out the door faster than they can get them. They did however, have 20+ boxes of 7.62X54R.

-
Back