Any Nebraska Members near Kearney? "Cruise Night"?

-

Johnny Mac

www.blueprintengines.com
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm surprised at the amount of muscle cars that have piled into Kearney Nebraska for the week long "Cruise Night" events. Anyone close enough to make the drive in?

It's pretty neat for sure. Was going to see if any Fabo members wanted to stop out for a tour of the BluePrint Engines facility!

We have several members from Nebraska, the cruise is a good show and fun.
Have a good time.

I haven't been there for a couple of years. Has always been a good time, nice big car show on Sat. and the cruise after the show. I've heard they really cracked down on about everything involved.
Later in the evening the traffic slows down, I mean takes a long time to make the loop. A few years ago, a tankage truck got stuck at a light in front of where we were sitting, He had a very ripe, very bloated Holstein cow on board. All of the city slickers around wondered what that awful smell was. It was nasty!
Lot of college kids partying in their yards along the route. Good time!

It's pretty neat for sure. Was going to see if any Fabo members wanted to stop out for a tour of the BluePrint Engines facility!
I've been by Kearney a ton in my travels out to Colo. And been through the Arch :D. I didn't know BluePrint facility was there, I though it was in Ohio because that is what it says on your avatar... LOL

Any of you Nebraska or close surrounding state FABO members ever heard of "Tour Nebraska"? It's usually about a 1000 mile weekend. Your car has to be 30 or more years old to enter. They have been limiting it to 400 cars the last few years, They open registration January 1st and there are already 240 people entered. It's filling up faster than it ever has before. It's usually the first weekend of June, this year it's the second weekend. If anyone is interested go to "nrca.wildapricot.org" or post on here or sent me a PM. This will be my eleventh year of attending. Good time!

Yeah my uncle goes on that they go to like the panhandle and up in the salt mines and stuff I hear it’s pretty cool

I grew up in North Platte bit moved to Omaha a few years ago. I used to go to Kearney Cruise Night a lot when I was younger. Decent track you guys have too! There's a group of us from Omaha that'll be driving our old cars (not all Mopar) from Omaha to North Platte July 9-11th for their cruise night. Gene Winfield will be there again with Dave Kindig. It's one of my favorite car events. Message me if you're interested in joining in. The more the merrier.

Are any events happening yet this year? Covid-19 related?
Kick’n it in the stix
Highway Creepers Kick'n it in the Stix on August 28th. It's always a fun laid back event and July 9th-11th is North Platte Cruise Weekend, which is my personal favorite event. I'm planning on both of these plus Omaha's Ice Cream Cruise.

Not per say Covid related, but all 3 fun Nebraska events.

Is there a possibility of getting a tour in July. There's a small group of us, 4 or 5 cars cruising from Omaha to NP for their cruise weekend.

Is there a possibility of getting a tour in July. There's a small group of us, 4 or 5 cars cruising from Omaha to NP for their cruise weekend.
I will check, but I think we can make that happen. Pm me!

-
Back