Any one reload?

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
I was working on a buddy's truck that took a dump and somehow the fact that my case tumbler got lost in the move came up.
He owns a high end tattoo shop and and mentions he got a tumbler at harbor freight.

So he shows me the tumble and it looks decent, then he opens it up and the media is super fine. So I asked where did you get the media?
He cant remember and starts digging around for the bag and its crushed walnut shells from petco... .

I figure if it's good enough for his high end tattoo tubes it ought to work on brass so I went and got the HF tumble and some Petco crushed walnut and man this is working out!

I had a expensive lyman case tumbler with some fancy media and I'd say this is just as good, if not better.

For one 1, my lyman was stupid loud. This sucker is quite and the cases come out looking like new!

It's a little smaller but is rated at 5LBS and with how cheep the media is I'm just gonna toss it vs using it till is was fully contaminated.

I'd say it was a win win.

Just figured I'd pass along the info, hope it helps you save some cash and the headaches of that loud *** tumbler!

Oh man... well this sucks.

I had a flood a year ago, right before I moved. I thought I went through all the wet boxes. Well I didn't.

I just pulled out more of my reloading totes and they are still wet inside... my grains scales, 3 calipers, my 1950s case trimmer, my primer press, a bunch of pistol dies and God knows what else...

DAM, This is not good...

And I was all excited to get back into making rounds, now I just wanna kick my self.

I have used the Petco corncob hulls I ground them a little finer in a blender and added a few drops of brasso just to treat it some. It's a cheap alternative to the high dollar media.
That sucks your stuff got wet hope you can get it cleaned up reloading tools arent cheap.

Yep, I've been using a cheap tumbler and pet store crushed walnut shells for years. Adding a dab of Flitz for extra dirty brass results in shiny, like new brass. ;)

If you want your brass clean, you need to use a Thumblers Tumbler and stainless steel media.

I walk over free corn cob and walnut and everything else to pay for the good stuff.

I fully detest dirty brass.

I use a combo of corn cob and walnut shell media. About 2/3...1/3 respectively with a dab of polish.

I throw it all in the tumbler and run it for a couple minutes to get the polish mixed into the media and then throw in my brass. Pretty hard to tell the difference between new and processed.

If you want your brass clean, you need to use a Thumblers Tumbler and stainless steel media.

I walk over free corn cob and walnut and everything else to pay for the good stuff.

I fully detest dirty brass.
I have wanted to try stainless media with and ultrasonic cleaning. Tumbling is so dang noisy and messy. Even though it works nicely it is very messy to sort thru and then you have to wipe all the dust off etc.

I have wanted to try stainless media with and ultrasonic cleaning. Tumbling is so dang noisy and messy. Even though it works nicely it is very messy to sort thru and then you have to wipe all the dust off etc.

I repurposed a cheap kitty litter/strainer combo box that works great getting the media outta the casings. Dump the tumbled cases and media into the box/strainer, shake the strainer to get the brass cleaned out, set strainer aside, dump media back into tumbler and start loading the brass. Really helps keep the mess to a minimum.

Pat

it is very messy to sort thru and then you have to wipe all the dust off etc

I use a media separator and compressed air.

upload_2019-6-16_16-18-13.jpeg

-
Back