Any pics of aftermarket buckets?

-

jrlegacy23

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
I am looking at getting bucket seats for my 72 dart. I was looking into the procar/scats from summit. Anyone have any pics of these or any aftermarket seats in their A-Body. here is a pic of the seats I am looking at
sca-80-1605-62r_w.jpg

Thanks ahead of time.

I have corbeau sport seats in my 71 demon.I got the wider ones in black.I got tired of sliding around on the factory ones.The only problem with afetermarket seats is the mount/slide.It takes alot of work to get them the way you want them to set.I first made mounts out of wood till I got them the way I wanted then made them out of metal.Not real cheap but if you shop around on the web you can find a pretty good price

If you can find some of these……

BMW from mid 80s - very early 90s. These were built by Recaro for BMW and are very adjustable (height, seat tilt, back tilt, thy support….. The front section of the seat extends and retracts).

Excellent seat that should fit well in an a-body without looking like they came out of a space ship..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...Accessories&hash=item1e5bdd5162#ht_500wt_1182

..need buckets bot 400 clams a pop is too expensive..looking at a set from hyundia accent for under 100 for two..any have used them ??

My cousin owns two Hyundai Accents. They're terrible. And the seats are just as bad. I'm currently running power seats out of a '99 Chrysler 300. Black leather, heated, memory, all power, lumbar support.. got the fronts and the backs for $150. The back seat will almost bolt directly in where the stock seat was, but it's about an inch too wide. Perfect height though.. kinda scary when you think about it..

S7301714.jpg

A1 Performance, they were $350 set, including shipping 2 years ago. Took forever to make brackets/spacers for the brackets.

bucket seat rails.jpg

seat worked.jpg

driver seat.jpg

..need buckets bot 400 clams a pop is too expensive..looking at a set from hyundia accent for under 100 for two..any have used them ??

It is what it is. All I know is they bolted right in and are comfortable as hell. Built really well too. You can buy hundia seats and have to make brackets( what's your time worth and how long is it taking ya. And are they mounted properly when done?) and all if ya want but I chose a different direction.

I'm using Chrysler Sebring Convertible seats. Electric 6-way adjustable and heated. Cures the shoulder-strap problem.

Dart seats re-sized.jpg

abodyjoe,

I agree but the clams are scarce..we are doing a lot for this car on one income however, gilgalad1138 has scared us off the accent seats..I think we will take what we learn here and do a walk through of a massive salvage yard..

Do the Subaru or 300, did you use the stock tracks or a body tracks ? How hard to install ?

My daughter (master)whats me to make sure the duster isn't off the road too much..so quick installs are the key :)

Think we will head up next week so I appreciate the comments.

Thanks
Ian.

The last yard we walked through tossed all sorts of sh** on the seats of every car making trash out of a bunch of great seats.. so far the chrysler 300 sounds good. We did look at a set of the large chrysler but they seemed too big.

The 300 was easy. The only issue was the bolt mounts on the tracks (the bolt that goes through the floor pan) it was shaped at a 90 degree angle, down towards the floor. But I fixed that with a torch. Just bent them flat, drilled some holes in the floor pan of the Dart (original bench seat car). I'll add some under floor bracing when I put new carpet in, until then I'll live. I just have to figure out a way to make the seat belts work.

I love bucket seats, but I just don't like how tall the aftermarket ones are. The original buckets in my 68 cuda are awesome, but for performance and handling, they leave a little to be desired to hold you in place...I'd be interested in a low back bucket seat, that has all the bolstering you would need, and around the same height as factory seats...anyone have an idea?

mopardude318, summit racing does have two lower styles. the first is a 1400 series, which are procar by scat. they look like this for $214:
sca-80-1400-51_w.jpg

The other is made by the same, it is the 1000 series and is for $331:
sca-80-1000-51r_w.jpg

Grassy, All the ones I posted were from the Scat series...

and Myasylum, that was yes to $331 each, but the racing style ones are $156 ea. and come with slider rails. The price is one reason why I leaned towards the higher backed ones.

I have a set of seats out of a 94 Viper in my 67. The seats came with the car but weren't installed yet. Bought a bunch of aluminum square channel and some universal sliders off the net and managed to get them in. The car was a bench car though, so I had the raised humps at either end of the floor pans that made the install rather annoying. Also made up a custom tilting setup on the passenger seat so you can get in the back seat. The Viper seats don't tilt forward so I just put in some angle aluminum and hitch pins so that you can pull the rear pins and rotate the seat up and forward some, enough to get in and out of the back easier.

-
Back