Any pictures of a butterscotch fastback Barracuda?

-

ESP47

Reaction score
I can't seem to find a single picture of a 67-69 fastback with Butterscotch/Bahama Yellow paint. Not sure if they even painted them that color from the factory but I assumed someone would have at least done it by now. Anyone know where I can find some pictures? Thanks.

I haven't seen that either. I believe that color didn't come out till 70 or 71. I've seen butterscotch Dart's that color, I like it.

Best I could find...
s-l225.jpg
:)

IMG_7437.JPG
IMG_7436.JPG
Yep mid-69 color which was originally a '69 M code Super Bee Six Pack only color but we have all seen 6 BBL road runner's painted butterscotch also. Not sure if any A bodies were painted this color in '69 but never say never with Mopars

My standard 383/69 was butterscotch yellow. It was an old man's car.

My standard 383/69 was butterscotch yellow. It was an old man's car.

exactly why i love that color, it does look like an old mans car, and to me, thats what musclecars are all about, no frills (including paint) but a big honking engine

I had a 74 bronco that was that color and i loved it. When i can get my 67 valiant repainted it will be that color. It looks great with black as shown above.

exactly why i love that color, it does look like an old mans car, and to me, thats what musclecars are all about, no frills (including paint) but a big honking engine

I was 20, and it was a 50's something guy I bought it from. The runner was bahama yellow, black top, black hood stripes, air-grabber, plain wheels, 3.23's, and dog-dishes. It had a black bench/column auto. I saw it in a garage...stopped to ask if it was for sale. The older woman called for "John", and I expected a kid. An old-guy[for back in 76] came to the door. I asked him if the car was his? He smiled and said .."yes, and I was just gonna put it up for sale, this coming weekend". This was during the 70's oil-embargo, and his son was just turning 16. I was stoked!! The car was mint, had 36K on it, and we were going for a test-ride. During the ride, I had to merge from a ramp onto another road..I grabbed the shifter down into 1st, stood on it, and clicked it into second to slide into traffic. The guy looks and me and sternly says.."I've never done that!!" I smiled, apologized and went back to his house. I gave him 50 bucks and said I'd be back Friday. On Friday, I gave him the $550 balance...and road home in my first roadrunner. It was so loaded-up from being babied...it would only idle when warm. I threw a set of plugs in it, the next morning...and it was like a brand new car. 100% stock, with some good tuning and a cool-can....that car ran 14.20's at Motor-City Dragway. That began my love affair with roadrunners. I got my bucket-list runner, almost 40 years later.

21f0dn9.jpg

10oraqx.jpg

21f0dn9.jpg

Thanks guys. I figured at this point at least someone out there would have painted theirs up regardless of whether it was an original color for those years or not.

It's crazy how the color can look so different from body style to body style. To me it's by far the best color to paint a demon when you throw on the black striping and decals. Other cars end up looking bland with the butterscotch color which is why I wanted to see a fastback with it. Not sure if I'm a fan or not.

I feel the same, and would only like it on a 69 Barracuda.... if it had the `cuda 340/440 striping pkg.

-
Back