Any Pictures of Dual Scoop Dart Sport Hood on a 69 Barracuda?

-

'Cuda_ragtop

Woulda, Shoulda, 'Cuda!
Reaction score
Looking for any pictures of 69 Barracuda with 73 and up Dart Sport Dual Scoop.
I know they brought back the 69 Barracuda hood for 73 and up Dart Sport but have never seen the Dart Sport Dual Scoop hood on a Barracuda.
Post 'em if you got 'em. :) Looking pictures of the whole car with this scoop.

Thanks!
007.jpg

I have a pic from my high school days of my friends 69 notchback in B3 with that hood. I'll try and find it. We had identical cars but mine had the 6-pack hood on.

To Mopar guys, it might have look out of place but to others, it looked good.

I really thought I would hate it, but that's red car pulls it off well. The split grill of the barracuda flows well with the split scoop on the hood. Looks aggressive without being over the top.

Thanks! I like it!
I am a Mopar guy but not a what anyone might consider a purist.
If it were a Nubmers Matching Formula S car it would be restored correct but it was just a plain jane 318 car that we found for sale rotting outside that we decided to bring back from dead.
The Dual Snorkel has always been a favorite A Body scoop for me. Never was a big fan of any of the A Body Barracuda Scoops.
Just my honest opinion... Still, it will be up to my son, it would be for his car. I think he will say he likes it better with no scoop.
But seeing it may change his mind. Going to be a G3 Hemi, Hotchkis, resto-mod pro touring/show/cruise car... Not exactly Original. ;-)

The verdict is in.
Kid says keep the flat hood. Going with the clean look...
I could have gotten used to it. I told him to make it his. He is.

A little late to the party, but this was my car back in the day. I actually used the complete Dart Sport hood.

old racecar.jpg

For some reason I don't think that would look good.

I really thought I would hate it, but that's red car pulls it off well. The split grill of the barracuda flows well with the split scoop on the hood. Looks aggressive without being over the top.
Time to Say your sorry for Doubtimg it without given it a proper chance. :poke:

I like it! I think I'll keep my spare hood now, and hunt for dual snorkel.
Any pics with notch or vert?
I like the idea of induction as well.
Anyone got a template?

IMO that's one of the best looking scoops EVER.

I've had one mocked up on a 66 Coronet and a 1980 D100.

Looked great on both.

...and the physics behind the design is sound.

I know this was an older thread but I just put a dart sport hood and scoop on my 1969 barracuda. I was on the fence at first but once I had it on the car I’m glad I did it. Functions great too

I wasn’t a fan of the 69 hood. But when the opportunity came up to finally get a barracuda I wasn’t going to let that deter me. I’ll always like the 67/68 better for sure. But the scoop definitely helped.

-
Back