any recommendations for woodgrain steering wheel

-

Dave NEO

Reaction score
for '68 barracuda? Seen Classics Industries offering which seems too plastic looking in pics. Anyone try these? or a find a Grant that is decent. Not after a mopar original but something that has a period correct look. appreciate any insights. thnx

i like the grant 246. i liked it better when it had the rivots around the perimeter. youll need the tuff wheel adapter for it though

Grant Classic Nostalgia Steering Wheels 246

GRT-246_SN.jpg

GRT-246.jpg

nice wood - on your dart I assume. Woulds like to hear what anyone has used on a '68 Barracuda with no issues. I selected one of their classic nostalgia ones on their site and they tell me no adapter kit available for my application.

Last edited:
nice wood - on your dart I assume. Woulds like to hear what anyone has used on a '68 Barracuda with no issues. I selected one of their classic nostalgia ones on their site and they tell me no adapter kit available for my application.
Their not offering adapter doesn't mean it isn't available elsewhere. Once you have a hub adapter like tuff wheel hub adapter, the aftermarket will have hubless bolt pattern adapters from that to most any aftermarket steering wheel type. These are spacer adapters like road wheel adapters so steering wheel dish/depth becomes a factor to consider.

well thanks - this stuff is greek to me. I wish they could market it in such a way that they tell you clearly if you have a stock steering wheel X, their Y wheel will fit with their installation kit Z. I'm looking at the Classic Industries version and it's expensive but sounds like a direct fit w/o mods.

-
Back