Any Vets been stationed in the UK or Canada?

-

seabee

Reaction score
Hi all. The wife's orders are coming up soon and since there are so many Vets on Fabo I thought this might be a good place to get extra info on duty stations. Three overseas tours that came up were Rome Italy, Victoria Area Canada, and London UK.

I was stationed in Rome 10 years ago and loved it but don't think my wife would fit in there.

I love the Pacific Northwest and think Canada would be very similar. Some of the concerns I have are the cost of living and gun ownership.

Like Canada, London wouldn't be much of a culture shock but bye bye Barracuda and Guns.

Any input from those who have been stationed in these areas or that have general knowledge of what it's like transitioning to them would be a huge plus.

Thanks, Bill

Rome..........

was station at Aviano AB back in the mid 70s...

You can take your car to the UK and the climate is very much like the what we have here in the PNW on JBLM. However, you can't bring your guns.

In Rome...you can just borrow guns from the Mafia........

I was sent CFB Wainwright Alberta Canada when I was in the Army. Attached to Princess Priscilla's Royal Canadian Light Horse Artillery.
Never saw Priscilla, royalty, a horse and there was nothing light about the Artillery.
That place was boring as hell.

-
Back