Anybody currently running Air to Air intercooler?

-

Walker434

Reaction score
I am researching these. I think I'm going to run one on my 71 Dart with a procharger and blow through carb. I am currently running water/meth injection but I'd like to run both. I think I have room behind the grill/ in front of the radiator.

Lot of options out there and just curious the best quality/ value out there.

Only one I have experience with is from my srt4 had a cxracing 4" core and it was very good quality, I ran 30 psi through it and no problems and less then 1 psi drop across it. On my current build I have twin air/water. It won't hurt running both a intercooler and water/meth, the intercooler will be all the time can have the water/meth come on either boost controlled or a Wot switch, bot sure which you currently have. Frozenboost also sells them, they are who my intercoolers are from.

Only one I have experience with is from my srt4 had a cxracing 4" core and it was very good quality, I ran 30 psi through it and no problems and less then 1 psi drop across it. On my current build I have twin air/water. It won't hurt running both a intercooler and water/meth, the intercooler will be all the time can have the water/meth come on either boost controlled or a Wot switch, bot sure which you currently have. Frozenboost also sells them, they are who my intercoolers are from.
Thanks I'll look into this. My current water/meth has an activation switch. Comes on at 4 psi. I just figure it couldn't hurt to get the air charge even cooler. Currently running 10 lbs of boost and haven't yet blown up my stock bottom end junkyard magnum motor lol.

Nice I like boost activated better. 10psi should be perfect for a stock bottom end. Yeah it never hurts to cool the charge more, yeah it's a bit of plumbing but worth it especially during just cruising.

I ran a Procharger A2A intercooler in my Dart. That and meth injection, made 1088 at the flywheel. I'd like to sell the i/c.

I have one on the truck only with the anticipation of injecting it over the winter. Engine Masters on motortrend measured the temp just below the carb on a recent episode, the air temp went from 90’s to almost freezing! I believe the term is thermodynamics.

-
Back