Anybody Else had Rotator Cuff Surgery!

-

dovercrossing

Go Mountaineers
Reaction score
I had mine done thursday. I'm just wondering what to expect. I had three tears repaired and ended up with a plastic screw in my shoulder. I assume it's permanent. I was still out of it when the Doctor came in and I didn't know about the screw until I got home and my wife showed me the pictures. The pain is constant but liveable.

I did not have rotator cuff surgery, I had a bone spur removed and the bicep cut. Rehab is a bit lengthy. I have ran into a problem. After about 6 weeks of therapy apparently I had a tendon flare up. Hurts worse now then before surgery. The screw is permanent. You have to very careful for awhile as it will be a while before everything is healed up enough to put some strain on it. I am about week 7 and still am having a tough time getting comfortable at night. Good luck....

They worked on mine and and I woke up spitting blood and about 7 people over me along with a big round disk (exray)
No more for me, me and anaesthesia don't get along..
It hurt for about 3 days then it slowly went away I was good for another
7 years and it's been 13 years ago,
How long before you start therapy ??

most important do your therapy
I still do mine on my own :happy1:
I am going to enjoy curling some frosted mugs this evening :D I am loading the cooler up now :cheers:

I had my left shoulder done years ago just follow the therapy program and you will be fine its a long process but well worth it..

I had mine done in 2007, therapy is painful sometimes but do it no matter, I didnt do mine as suggested and it took me over a year to get back my range of movement back fully and I still dont have all my strength in that arm but it is my fault

Mine tore when i fell at work and broke my arm. It's going to take time and at first therapy is ***** to say the least. But it will get better as time goes on. Every one's recovery is going to be different. Just do your home therapy as well. just don't rush/push it.

I had my right shoulder done in 2006 by a doctor in Gainesville Fl. The worst part for me was having to sleep on my back with my arm in a sling for a few weeks. The most important thing is therapy before and after surgery at pt and at home. The more dedicated you are the better results you will have. The doctor told me from now on avoid working overhead with this arm or it could tear it again and may be tougher to fix. Good luck and force yourself to do the therapy it will make a difference.

i have. It sucks. You wont be able to sleep. hard to get comfortable. takes forever to heal. best of luck man.

I had mine done in '07 after several dislocations i ended up tearing off all the ligaments and some other damage.
Went through 2 rounds of therapy and was off work for almost a year.
It still doesn't have the strength it used to and probably never will, it still hurts if i use it alot.

Make sure you have plenty of pain killers and anti-inflammatory stuff on hand when you start therapy. My surgeon has advised me to baby my shoulder as much as I can to avoid a replacement, I am missing 60% or so of the cartilage in the shoulder joint.

I had mine done in 09 and wore a cooling brace for a couple of weeks then a heavy sling/support for about 4 more weeks then a lighter sling for about 4 more weeks. Off work about 3 months. Wear the sling all the time except while doing re-hab, and follow the doctors orders! The hardest thing was early on while in the shower "walking" my hand and arm up the wall to exercise my shoulder. I also had a torn tendon in my shoulder and tendonitis in my bicep that the dr. repaired.

In 2005 I had my rotator in my right shoulder done and unexpectedly the surgeon had to do remove a piece of bone about the size of a quarter floating in my socket. He also did an Acrinoplasty, some bicep tendon reinforcement, removed my bursiitis sac and shaved my cartridge down. The 20min. procedure took 4 hours. Sounds like a lot but all went well. Very minimal pain afterwards...I was in phy. therapy a week later. Three months of PT and after a year I was back at full strength in my workouts. Now I'm stronger than ever...I have flexbility limitations but relatively pain free 90% of the time. My best advice is to always do some form of shoulder strengthing exercises. Even if its just 50 or so pushups 3 days a week with some stretching. You need to keep it strong and not let it atrophy. Good luck now rehabbing a knee sprain and don't get frustrated.

-
Back