Anybody need a trans guy in NW Indiana or near Chicago???

-

krazykuda

FABO Gold Member
How-To Section Editor
Reaction score
Another member recommended this guy to me and I was surprised that he was a Mopar guy also...

More Mopars around the shop than brand X...

I think he knows his way around a 727... And 4 speeds, he fixed the other member's four speed Roadrunner...

So if you live on the SW burbs of Chicago or NW Indiana, this guy is just over the border...

He helped with an issue on my son's already rebuilt trans...

If you do look him up, be aware that he recently moved shops, and the google search address is the old one...

The new/correct address is listed on his web page:

Cope RacingCope Racing |

If you need any work, he's a little south and west of the Crown Point/Valporaiso area... Talk to John Cope...

Cope Racing Transmissions...
141 Harding St.
Lowell, IN
219-374-0100

DSC02663 B.JPG

DSC02664 B.JPG

DSC02697 B.JPG

DSC02672 B.JPG

DSC02727 B.JPG

DSC02729 B.JPG

DSC02797 B.JPG

Last edited:
Another member recommended this guy to me and I was surprised that he was a Mopar guy also...

More Mopars around the shop than brand X...

I think he knows his way around a 727... And 4 speeds, he fixed the other member's four speed Roadrunner...

So if you live on the SW burbs of Chicago or NW Indiana, this guy is just over the border...

He helped with an issue on my son's already rebuilt trans...

If you do look him up, be aware that he recently moved shops, and the google search address is the old one...

The new/correct address is listed on his web page:

Cope RacingCope Racing |

If you need any work, he's a little south and west of the Crown Point/Valporaiso area... Talk to John Cope...

Cope Racing Transmissions...
141 Harding St.
Lowell, IN
219-374-0100

View attachment 1715092025

View attachment 1715092026

View attachment 1715092029

View attachment 1715092032

View attachment 1715092034

View attachment 1715092035

View attachment 1715092037
He`s a member on here!

I heard he had moved just didnt know where too until now. Use to go by his old location on the way out to Rt. 41 Drag Strip.

I bought my converter through him for the drag car. His recommendation PTC 5400 stahl. Great guy.

Yes, he seems to be a great guy... That's why I want to spread the word so others can use him...

I lost my long time trans guy from Detroit to health issues and needed a good local guy...

The guy that owns it is a third generation trans builder and mostly does Mopars since he was a teenager. He can build you any transmission you want and his prices are very reasonable. One hell of a nice guy, we should get him to be one of our sponsors here. Way back, his father was a trans guy and the place was called Calumet City Transmissions, then they moved to Lowell, Indiana. The business is now called Cope Racing Transmissions 16768 Wicker ave. (US 41) Lowell, Indiana 46356 (219) 374- 0100 www.coperacingtrans.com. He really is a Mopar guy at heart and it is all a family run business.

Look backwards to me ( small phone and need glasses)

The guy that owns it is a third generation trans builder and mostly does Mopars since he was a teenager. He can build you any transmission you want and his prices are very reasonable. One hell of a nice guy, we should get him to be one of our sponsors here. Way back, his father was a trans guy and the place was called Calumet City Transmissions, then they moved to Lowell, Indiana. The business is now called Cope Racing Transmissions 16768 Wicker ave. (US 41) Lowell, Indiana 46356 (219) 374- 0100 www.coperacingtrans.com. He really is a Mopar guy at heart and it is all a family run business.

At least spread the word around to help him out and people can get good transmissions... A business like this deserves to keep going...

A Mopar guy that is good with transmissions is a good thing to have available...

-
Back