Anybody running a 360 tunnel ram on the street?

-

Badart

Reaction score
I am debating. I have a chance to pick a 360 tunnel ram on a parts trade. I have always wanted to run dual quads sticking out to the hood. :toothy7: My 360 is done as soon as I pick up my heads from the machine shop. I planned on running a Eddy RPM and a 750 that I already have, but this might be too tempting. What carbs would you guys recommend? How would the street manners be? This will be a weekend cruiser and make the occasional trip to the track.

Here is my combo

Zero deck 360 shooting for 10:1 CR
KB107 .030" over
Stock rods and crank
Comp XE275HL
J heads 2.02 1.60 (mild porting and bowl blending by my engine builder)
1.6 roller rockers

904 with TF-2 and 3K stall convertor
3.91 gears with detroit locker

This is what it would be going into.

View attachment ride3.jpg

View attachment ride4.jpg

Depends on which tunnel ram.

340 8bbl is pretty sharp on getting a TR to run on the street. Just takes time sorting them out.

Even though i'm not an eddy fan, I think a pair of 500s would work good once dialed in.

I sure enjoy my 340 with 2 600 vac. secondary holleys on eddy street tunnel ram. I will have to give crackedback a ride so he can give his opinion.

Here is mine, its a little work to drive on the street with 2 600's.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQolotFcSBA&feature=BFa&list=FLl8uIwMLgTNA&index=44"]‪TunnelRammed‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I've had an Eddy Street Tunnel Ram on the street since 2005

DSC_2805.jpg

The smaller plenum helps a ton with a street car - the larger the plenum, the less velocity you have at lower rpm's

My Combo :

360 - std bore
kb 107's for a 9.4:1 comp ratio
stock 1978 small valve heads ( with air injection ports taped and plugged)
mopar p4452992 cam ( 474 lift 280 adv duration ( 230 ish)
stamped rockers
dynamic 9.5" converter
3.23 gears

The car has over 8000 miles on the street / strip with the setup - I've driven it in the rain( with a cover over the scoop )

never had any issues !

I started out buying the holley 450's - once i got them out of the box I returned them!
They had a mechanical secondary but no accelerator pump for them, it seemed like it was goung to be bog city - and in talking over the years with others who went that route, it in fact was a PIA with the design.

I rent with a set of holley 390's ( vac secondary setup)
DSCN4399.jpg

I needed a holley balance tube to connect the secondary canisters together, to make them open at the same time :

DSCN4394.jpg

My best pass was a 1.74 60' - 12.56 best ET, and 108 best mph.

with a ported 4 bbl intake and a holley 780 the best it would do was 1.84 60' - 13.20 @102

the T-ram made power everywhere for my setup.
I can get 16 mpg with the setup as long as I took it easy...lol

Last year I went with a pair of EZ EFI dual throttle bodies :

DSC_8651.jpg

Talk about sweet! I gained 21 hp on the dyno, and have all the benifits of a modern efi system

Here is a before and after vid of the car running with the carbs and efi :

CARBS :

th_20050308_000705.jpg

EFI :

http://youtu.be/JE8czQHBiqU?hd=1

That looks and sounds awesome.

I don't known thou, I think you should had played around more with the carbs. Carbs make more hp, they respond better to a/f ratio changes over f.i.

I know, 80% of folks think f.i is better but not 100%

carbs get a ram effect, that is were they can out hp a f.i. Those 390 carbs are very small, how much cfm is the f.i. units?

the efi units are 1000 CFM a piece - my take on it is that the carbs were my bottle neck, but awesome for the street - the EFI units are the nest of both worlds - more hp from teh added CFM and no off idle issues like a set of large carbs would have.

http://youtu.be/0C4Iy0QLKxE?hd=1

Tunnel Ram.....I wouldn't.....Oh wait I did....Love the old school through the hood look :glasses7:

Rickster

Dodgefreak- Nice!

How do you have the o2 sensors?

I thought about adapting a crossfire style 2 TBI setup and having the 02 for one in one header and one in the other.

I know that's cheating because one side would tune one throttle body/injector set, but the factory let one side tune the whole system a lot of times.

I am debating. I have a chance to pick a 360 tunnel ram on a parts trade. I have always wanted to run dual quads sticking out to the hood. :toothy7: My 360 is done as soon as I pick up my heads from the machine shop. I planned on running a Eddy RPM and a 750 that I already have, but this might be too tempting. What carbs would you guys recommend? How would the street manners be? This will be a weekend cruiser and make the occasional trip to the track.

Here is my combo

Zero deck 360 shooting for 10:1 CR
KB107 .030" over
Stock rods and crank
Comp XE275HL
J heads 2.02 1.60 (mild porting and bowl blending by my engine builder)
1.6 roller rockers

904 with TF-2 and 3K stall convertor
3.91 gears with detroit locker

This is what it would be going into.

Did you ever end up putting this combo together? I have a very similar build in mind and an edelbrock TR1Y sitting on the shelf

-
Back