Anybody running F-70 14s on a 69 (or so) A Body?

-

harrisonm

Reaction score
I currently am running 235-60-14 tires on my 69 Barracuda with 14" Cragars (6" wide with 3.5" backspace if I remember. No problems, but the front tires are kinda close to the fender lip. I was thinking about getting a set of the new Coker F-70 14 Firestone Wide Oval radial redline tires. The diameter will be about 1.3" more, but the section width will be about 1" less. I am thinking the two will offset each other. I could also raise the front end a bit if needed. I have the front end a bit low using the torsion bar adjusters. I hate to go through the hassle of returning them if they aren't going to work.
Cuda 49.JPG

Did you retain the SBP or have you converted to LBP? Factory A body LBP discs move the wheels outwards. It makes a difference. Back in the day F70's would fit on factory 5.5 wide wheels but I don't recall the back space for comparison.

Nice looking car!

225/70R14’s on sbp mopar 5.5” ralleys. Somewhat taller than you’re asking about. No rubbing at all stock height suspension. Hope that helps.

For what it's worth, I run G70x14. The only issue is on turns, where the front tire may rub the wheel opening moulding and fender lip. I like to run my ride height low in the front and think if I raised it, it would stop.

Have you got these yet? I'm looking to put them on my 67 Barracuda.

I had some 225/70 on a 67 Valiant with no issues.
I still have those wheels and tires, may try them on the Barracuda this weekend.

Alan

F8E80064-94ED-485C-89B4-21F1437D783B.jpeg

I got a set of the Coker bias look radial redline F-70 fo my Barracuda. The fit is good with no issues, the ride seems good but will know better after the alignment this Friday.

Alan

-
Back