Anybody use these pushrods?!

-

vntned

Reaction score
So I'm about to assemble my mild 360, and am nearing the point where I need to buy pushrods.

The dilemma is I'm running a CompCams 268AH-10 which is hydraulic, Comp cams Hyd lifters and I intended on using a set of OEM adjustable 273 rockers.

So far, I've come up with these from CompCams. They're part number #7821-16. Here's the link to the reference chart I used.

http://www.compcams.com/Products/CC-'Pushrods'-0.aspx

The question is, will these work?

you might wanna measure for correct length 1st So the adjuster is about the same thread top and bottom with "273 rockers"
If you buy from comp, buy their best or use another brand. They have made push rods for many apps...but they put zero quality in the lower rung products and the balls on the push rods which are electro welded will fall off and go rolling into the oil pan , if you're lucky...
Comp cams sucks, buy smith bros push rods.

What length did you get with the checking pushrod?

So I'm about to assemble my mild 360, and am nearing the point where I need to buy pushrods.

The dilemma is I'm running a CompCams 268AH-10 which is hydraulic, Comp cams Hyd lifters and I intended on using a set of OEM adjustable 273 rockers.

So far, I've come up with these from CompCams. They're part number #7821-16. Here's the link to the reference chart I used.

http://www.compcams.com/Products/CC-'Pushrods'-0.aspx

The question is, will these work?

Measuring is the best way to avoid mistakes.

I forgot if they measure ball to bottom of cup or ball to top of cup (overall). But OEM LA ball/cup solid lifter pushrods are 7.50" while OEM LA ball/cup hydraulic lifter pushrods are about 7.21" or 7.23". The reason being that the solid lifter cup is deeper inside the lifter body than the hydraulic lifter. Then you have the variables of milling & decking.

The 7821-16 Comp Cams pushrods show 7.389", which is closer to solid lifter length. Measure with an adjustable pushrod or estimate the length using a known length pushrod. Personally, I prefer to have 1-2 threads of the adjuster showing under the rocker. Less load on the adjuster and you'll actually get a tiny bit more lift due to better geometry.

Last edited:
Measuring is the best way to avoid mistakes.

I forgot if they measure ball to bottom of cup or ball to top of cup (overall). But OEM LA ball/cup solid lifter pushrods are 7.50" while OEM LA ball/cup hydraulic lifter pushrods are about 7.21" or 7.23". The reason being that the solid lifter cup is deeper inside the lifter body than the hydraulic lifter. Then you have the variables of milling & decking.

The 7821-16 Comp Cams pushrods show 7.389", which is closer to solid lifter length. Measure with an adjustable pushrod or estimate the length using a known length pushrod. Personally, I prefer to have 1-2 threads of the adjuster showing under the rocker. Less load on the adjuster and you'll actually get a tiny bit more lift due to better geometry.

It's a couple threads below if using after market lock nut adjusters, but stock jam adjusters, half, and besides the ratio is actually less than advertised...then add in the lifter angle robbing net lift...a littler more below the rocker can only help.

-
Back