Anyone casting new blocks

-

m880

Reaction score
Chevy has 4 pages of blocks available in my Competition Products catalog and Ford guys have all options they need.
Millions of smallblock Molars out there and no one is casting affordable performance blocks?
We're limited to the h.p we can make,unlike the Chevy guys that can make all the power there car can handle.
Mopar could step up and rerelease the 340 replacement block,that would be sweet.
Hell even an X block reboot.

Ritter,,I thought they flopped?
And they weren't affordable if I remember right .

I think you can still get one. The total cost involved is just ridiculous, though. Even for our standards.

There are even two companies that are making NEW 351 Cleveland blocks in BOTH iron and aluminum. That engine was only made five years. You'd figure someone would get on board with some Mopar stuff.

I still say what killed them was the 26 year span they went without a rear wheel drive V8 car. What's performance about that? And no, I don't need anyone throwing a 4 cylinder turbo POS in my face. I don't care how fast they were, there's no replacing a V8. Ever.

There are even two companies that are making NEW 351 Cleveland blocks in BOTH iron and aluminum. That engine was only made five years. You'd figure someone would get on board with some Mopar stuff.

I still say what killed them was the 26 year span they went without a rear wheel drive V8 car. What's performance about that? And no, I don't need anyone throwing a 4 cylinder turbo POS in my face. I don't care how fast they were, there's no replacing a V8. Ever.
Cleveland FORD BLOCKS ?? Rob ,got a link?

You can even get Ford FE and SOCH. Chevy W blocks are available too.

Why make new ones? The Mopar stuff doesn't fall apart like those other guys....

-------------This!!!!!!!!!!!! Even an "affordable" 4 bolt main 440 block, there were millions of 440`s made and still have a good following.

Why make new ones? The Mopar stuff doesn't fall apart like those other guys....
High nickel content blocks. That's why the blocks last so long. Like Oldsmobile, they always had high nickel blocks. They would last way past the 100,000 mile mark compared to a plain old Chevy.

I have a ritter block, got it back from the machine shop, just need to measure for bearings and install the rotating assembly, plus the shop I took mine too said they just got in some more of them from customers. So far so good, whitedart on here has one up and running and doing awesome. Hopefully soon here ill be up and running as well.

20180307_150126.jpg

20180307_150130.jpg

I'm working with a Dart SHP block to build a 347/302 Ford. I'm impressed. It's a very nice product. $2,000 plus about $600 in machine work to clean it up to perfection. Has a standard 4.00 bore that could be taken out to 4.185 and still have .250 cylinder wall thickness. Makes you think hard about what you could do with another automotive brand.

Here we go again.... RItter or nothing ... LA and Magnum blocks i doubt will ever be remade ...

Here we go again.... RItter or nothing ... LA and Magnum blocks i doubt will ever be remade ...

Why bother with OE type blocks?

Chrysler guys step on their own dicks so hard it's silly. Guy want to make big power but use a block that was designed to make 300-400 HP and then use heads that have to take a stock rocker.

A friend (Competitor) bought a turn key
427 smallblock making every bit of 700hp
Afr 220 heads, little m block
Needed a starter , carb and exhaust
8500 bucks to his door
Let that sink in
Ps the car went 6.30’s off the trailer

Supply and demand. Most of the small block mopars guys are happy if their car runs 10’s, 11’s or 12’s and the factory mopar small blocks are proven dependable easily to the 9.50’s so how many would they sell.

Supply and demand. Most of the small block mopars guys are happy if their car runs 10’s, 11’s or 12’s and the factory mopar small blocks are proven dependable easily to the 9.50’s so how many would they sell.
I understand exactly what your saying
And your right Which is the reason we have virtually no aftermarket support Most folks simply won’t buy

Roughly $2800.00
$2800for what? Maybe the machine work to get it right.. I've been in on 2 Ritters. These were the earlier iron blocks, and both were a money pit.

Go over to Moparts and do a search. You'll be shocked.

I'm working with a Dart SHP block to build a 347/302 Ford. I'm impressed. It's a very nice product. $2,000 plus about $600 in machine work to clean it up to perfection. Has a standard 4.00 bore that could be taken out to 4.185 and still have .250 cylinder wall thickness. Makes you think hard about what you could do with another automotive brand.

And here I thought you were in retirement.

-
Back