Anyone else hate the 'Fast and Furious' movies?

-

RSie

Idiot In Training
Reaction score
My wife and kid love them. She won't let me watch them when they are though..."THAT'S NOT REAL! THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN! THAT"S IDIOTIC!".. just pisses me off, lol.

I have to be careful, the wife named my stepson from a name she liked in the first movie, lol.

Relax, it’s a Hollywood movie designed to do one thing and one thing only.

Entertain you so they can make money.

Actual fact(s) be dammed.

If your critical of things in the film, follow this advice and just laugh at it and let others know the truth of the matter and then remind them its just a movie that takes “Poetic license to entertain you.”

If you were entertained, then they did their job.

I like seeing cool American cars onscreen but don't like seeing them destroyed.
These movies though...They have become so far fetched that they might as well be a cartoon.
Like that one where they are at the end of the movie on some airport runway. The scene lasts 15 minutes with the airplane hauling *** but not yet airborne...How friggin long is that runway???
Then there is the scene where the bald guy drives the red sports car through the exterior glass of a skyscraper and into another building hundreds of feet up...
You are expected to suspend any understanding of physics and odds of probability when watching these movies.
The first one had so many cheezy lines in the dialog, magazine articles were written about it.
I do not see them as documentaries but they really should try backing off the impossible stunts.
Funny that this Summer they dropped the entire original remaining cast members and made that spinoff movie..."Hobbs and Shaw".

I like the first one and Tokyo drift. some nice cars and very hot chicks.

Relax, it’s a Hollywood movie designed to do one thing and one thing only.

Entertain you so they can make money.

Actual fact(s) be dammed.

If your critical of things in the film, follow this advice and just laugh at it and let others know the truth of the matter and then remind them its just a movie that takes “Poetic license to entertain you.”

If you were entertained, then they did their job.
Oh, I know it's not something my life hinges on, lol. It's kind of silly, really, because I like the 'superhero' movies, which is a lot more unreal than these, lol. I did get into a lot of arguments with friends when 'Dukes of Hazzard' was new on TV too.. there's no way that Charger is just gonna drive off after jumping that bridge! You can see it buckle! "Shut up man, it's a TV show!" lol

Very unrealistic, very juvenile. The target audience must have been 15 year old boys. Not my cup of tea. Some like them.
As a 50+ yr old boy, there are a few things I like them I guess. Female-type things as noted earlier, lol.

I like them.... I didn't think I would but somehow do.

Tokyo drift is the best one, cute main character. I don't remember his name but the one who wrecked the 72 ish monte carlo. I liked the cultural struggle he had as a new guy in Japan

Thankfully, beautiful, casted women are not restricted to FNF movies!
I agree. Hellen Mirren, born in 1945 in Red2. She's in her 70's, but damn, she's gorgeous, and what an actress.

Hellen_Mirren_red-2-lg.jpg

I Like seeing the car's. On another note with Hollywood (sorry). I'm really tired of seeing guys kiss guys and girls kiss girls. Tired of everytime I watch a show I see that garbage.

Ah the wonders of surgery! Her bra size now is a 36 Long!
That may be. I think I'd still have a better time hanging out with her for a day compared to a 20 yr. old with a nose job and fake boobs. Hellen could actually have an intelligent conversation. And a load of class. That'd be sexier to me than a bimbo, lol.

I Like seeing the car's. On another note with Hollywood (sorry). I'm really tired of seeing guys kiss guys and girls kiss girls. Tired of everytime I watch a show I see that garbage.
Guys kiss guys? I'm out. Girls kiss girls? I'm in. Just cuz I know I can sneak in the middle of that.

Guys kiss guys? I'm out. Girls kiss girls? I'm in. Just cuz I know I can sneak in the middle of that.
lol watch your backside. I think some of them women can be viscous . if ya know what I mean. lol

-
Back