Anyone else sick of all the ads popping up all over this site lately?

-

MileHighDart

Reaction score
Half page ads in the middle of every forum page, constant popups at the bottom, google ads, adchoices.
There's so much crap going on with all the ads I can hardly stand to try to read anything here anymore.

Yes- I don't like the ad's at the top of the page when you first start to scroll down. The ones on the bottom are not as bad.

I'm a gold member, not supposed to see ads, and during one viewing this morning, an ad showed up in the middle of the page that i was looking at.
Other members have been commenting, in regards to this issue, but the owner of the site hasn't commented back at all, as to what's now going on.
I think an explanation is in order.

Well, it sure seems to me things were better before the update...but the same goes for every other device or service I have

I see ads at the top and bottom of thread listings for Ebay. Otherwise, I see, "Scroll below ad for more content."

Last edited:
Ad at the bottom of my screen currently

1665887518058.png

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm a Gold member and get an ad at the bottom of my screen too. Didn't used to so not sure what that's about since the site upgrade.

Also get a bunch of "Similar threads" that are annoying as i have to scroll to the bottom to page forward or back (Andriod phone) and now I have to scroll back up from bottom to get the the tab forward/back button.

Speaking of that, if a thread has say 100 pages to it, how do you get to page 50? All I see is Prev or Next page or something that goes to the LAST page. We seem to have lost that ability in the upgrade too.

Screenshot_20221015-223511_Chrome.jpg

Yeah I have to constantly click the X to get rid of ads at bottom then they come back up again click X again and repeat repeat repeat forever....

Gotta pay for the site somehow. We have over 55K members, yet only a fraction of that pay to be gold members, so that doesn't pay for these sites all by itself. If you're not going to pay for a gold membership, it seems to me like the ads are a small price to pay for using the site for free.

I usually access FABO on my Android phone.

What used to be Threads sprinkled with Ads seems to have become Ads sprinkled with Threads.

It is what it is.

NO ads at all for me? But when I look at FABO on my cell phone I get lost in them, so I get what you're saying.

Same here. Ad's everywhere. I am one of the longest serving members on the forum and have been a Gold member for years and the ad's at the top, middle and bottom of each page make the threads a pain in the *** to try and read. They are making me not want to read them and if I don't read them I won't be contributing any little bit of knowledge or experience I may have that could help somebody else.

Jack

@Demonx2 You have to manually type in the number of the page you are wanting to go to.

Why am I paying for a Gold Membership again? Is it to see three subforums with nothing but pictures of tits and other ****? Oh, wait. It's for the ad blocker.

@Joeychgo

*Actually I have the Gold for the extra PM storage. That's pretty cool.

Gotta pay for the site somehow. We have over 55K members, yet only a fraction of that pay to be gold members, so that doesn't pay for these sites all by itself. If you're not going to pay for a gold membership, it seems to me like the ads are a small price to pay for using the site for free.
RRR
Explain to me an illiterate old man individual, when it comes to this computer and internet world, what expense(s) are there to be paid to operate, run, a web site?
I dunno..
Can anyone explain the $$$$$ what expense there is, that someone like me can understand.
I paid the 50 bucks a year to have this "gold membership" and why do i have ads at the bottom of the page.
Guess it's a sneaky way, to gets ads onto the page.
Feeling that i got ripped off, paying the 50 bucks, from the get go, and got lied to.
I was gold on the B bodies site too, but dropped that at the end of a years time, as i just can't pay for that anymore, due to the economic situation that ones put into these days.

the ads are in flux right now. I havent adjusted them all the way yet. It takes a little time for things to settle down after redoing everything. please just be a little patient.

the ads are in flux right now. I havent adjusted them all the way yet. It takes a little time for things to settle down after redoing everything. please just be a little patient.
Ok.
Then what, one day, one week, a couple of weeks from now?
What kind of time line, do you think?

Patience will not fix the latest site update. I know that it was not your doing but what they did was decrease the space used for the latest posts so that they had more room for ads!! I hate to be negative but the facts are right there in our faces.....less "current" posts and more ads!! I'm still a member (for now) but I'm deliberately posting less.

-
Back