Anyone ever run Speedmaster Heads on their small blocks

-
I got my shopping cart full at Summit with bolts and gaskets... I was going to have them price match Speedmaster...
It doesn't look like Summit sells the remflex header gaskets though?..

I thought that is where I got mine. Or maybe it was on Amazon.

I have a set on a 75 duster.....and I have a set in that is in a machine shop being ported....actually one set of SM and one set of Eddy....both getting 2.055 valves ...same shop...same flow bench...same guy porting them.....
Let us know how they turn out. Your machinist will be a good judge of them. He has probably seen hundreds of heads and knows which ones are good and which ones are better.

We still got to confirm your human !!??
69 lead hasn't been seen since I threw down the challenge and in the immortal words of Uncle Craig who I talked to you last night those trick flows ain't shitt!! LOL...

He said he was pretty drunk which doesn't surprise me then he was going 19 miles an hour faster but that's all street racing..

I punched in remflex on Summit and it came up that they didn't have anything under that name...
Summit still has Remflex header gaskets, I use Percy gaskets, less cost and just as good.

IMG_20191120_073249.jpg

Getting an early start just a few things left well actually a lot of things left LOL but I'm bound and determined to hopefully get this under control today and then on to the next project and then the next project and then the next project and then the Speedmaster...

Summit still has Remflex header gaskets, I use Percy gaskets, less cost and just as good.
remflex didn't come up for me on Summit but I did take that suggestion and look them up on Amazon and that was $32 which is the cheapest I've ever seen them..

I have a set on my 421 small block. I ordered bare but CNC ported. Machinest installed 2.055 & 1.60 and stated they were as good as any and better than most. Only flaw was on two of the ports the CNC cut into the valve cover screw holes.
Dan

I have a set on my 421 small block. I ordered bare but CNC ported. Machinest installed 2.055 & 1.60 and stated they were as good as any and better than most. Only flaw was on two of the ports the CNC cut into the valve cover screw holes.
Dan

That's no biggie. A little sealer and using a stud cures issues with that.

Last edited:
Dan
Any hp and tq numbers? Thanks. Kim

Dan

Virtually every cylinder head ported correctly will break through the valve cover bolts. That's normal.

And, how did ya do at the track?
Dan

-
Back