Anyone ever use piratejack brake kits?

-
Interesting. I noticed DD doesnt allow a mastery cylinder for manual Abody brakes. Is this something ill have to buy seperate?

MBM is the parent company. Pirate Jack is just a selling outlet they own. Same parts. Same company.

I think you can opt for a 1 1/32" or 15/16" bore and for an A-Body it doesn't matter power or manual.

"1 1/32" Bore w/ 4 Hole Mount for all A-bodies and B/E bodies with power brakes (+$95.00)"

i just bought the 15/16 master cylinder. so DD does have them. it was $115 + shiipping

Last edited:
Pirate Jack (a.k.a. MBM retail) have great kits at some of the best prices I've seen. I would venture a guess that some if not many of the items Dr. Diff sales come from MBM. MBM manufactures the brake components. I have the Pirate Jack disc brake kit on the front of my 74 Duster and very happy with it. I will also note that I have Dr. Diffs rear drum brake set up on the same car.

Dr Diff front brake kit pictured.

20170620_113935.jpg

I did use the Pirate jack kit on my 66 and I really like it. You can see the whole story if you look up my thread ( Ordered my disc brake conversion kit ) it was easy to install and works very well. We also have a vendor on this forum from Pirate Jack he goes by PirateJackHotRod if you go to my thread he is on the 3rd page. I elected to stay with the small bolt pattern on my Barracuda so it is not the same kit that you are looking at.
Bob

z332.JPG

z333.JPG

Just in case this isn’t clear- the MBM and Pirate Jack kits are just 73+ Mopar disk brakes. Reproduction 73+ spindles, caliper brackets, rotors and calipers. They come with tapered ball joint adaptors like DoctorDiff has been selling for years so you can use the large ball joint spindles with the earlier small ball joint UCA’s.

The small bolt pattern version just has the 5x4” pattern drilled into the later style rotors and the outside of the hub register turned down to fit the earlier, smaller hub registers.

The price on the MBM kits is decent for everything they include, but keep in mind that probably means lower quality parts (like the ball joints, bearings, etc). I wouldn’t be surprised if the spindle and caliper brackets are all made by the same company though.

You can build out the same kit at DoctorDiff, and he specifies that he uses Timken bearings. He doesn’t sell a small bolt pattern version though.

Last edited:
Yes. And 100% from out Asian friends.

Exactly. That's why I'd rather buy from you or DoctorDiff. While some of the overseas reproduction parts are unavoidable, at least I know you guys will have the highest quality parts available in your kits.

hey gmachinedartgt do you have any of the 1.08 or 1.14 sway a way torsion bars in stock or do you get them drop shipped. sway a way's site says out of stock. thanks
I have a set of 1.14s in stock. I am due a shipment of both in the next few weeks along with a stock type big block bar. All USA made. This is coming with huge site improvements and many more products. Stay tuned and PM me any time.

-
Back