Anyone have one of these laying around, or do I need to fix it?

-

Cruisingram

Reaction score
Again, as I was really getting into cleaning this motor up to put it back in, turned out, I think it is a dirt shield? one ear is broke off. I was thinking about putting a WTB on the classified, but not sure if anyone would know it if they saw it. Is this model specific or common on the Six? Makes a whole lot of sense being there though.

IMG_20211215_105953611_HDR.jpg

Bolts to oil pump to keep splash and junk off the dist.
They are often broken as yours, but can be fixed.

Looks easy enough the average person with the right tools could remake

It's been a while but mine was broken too.
I welded the broken piece back on and if I followed my usual thinking, added a bit of reinforcement.

Again, as I was really getting into cleaning this motor up to put it back in, turned out, I think it is a dirt shield? one ear is broke off. I was thinking about putting a WTB on the classified, but not sure if anyone would know it if they saw it. Is this model specific or common on the Six? Makes a whole lot of sense being there though.

View attachment 1715837858
The one thing we do around here is start a wanted thread if you are looking for parts. All you need to do is put a detailed description (I need one of these doesn't cut it) and you will find what you need.

A want ad may lead to one Mike, but he also had questions about it, applications and all.....

Since replies are not allowed in want ads, just give him some to time to gather information first? ;-)

View attachment 1715837858
WOW that’s crazy maybe, i just fixed my sons welled it back on and looks like nothing wrong. Wish i had it near ill show a picture. You can easily make it look new. Jesse guess not so crazy breaks often i see

I just took the danged thing off when I swapped out my oil pump last. Early A's are not kind to oil pump swaps when you aren't pulling the motor out, haha.

Since most of the tab is clean gone off mine, I was happy a member sold me one, should be on it's way already, I will also fix the old one, and maybe even make one more, just in case. Looks like I am becoming a bit of a /6 guy now. Never woulda thunk it.

The one thing we do around here is start a wanted thread if you are looking for parts. All you need to do is put a detailed description (I need one of these doesn't cut it) and you will find what you need.

I honestly wasn't sure if I even needed it, and how the missing portion looked, if it was worth fixing or buying. I am going both directions, both fixing and buying now.

Thanks Don, I shipped it last Thursday, tracking number is in your in box. It may take a few weeks to get there. Hope it doesnt slow or stall progress.
Since most of the tab is clean gone off mine, I was happy a member sold me one, should be on it's way already, I will also fix the old one, and maybe even make one more, just in case. Looks like I am becoming a bit of a /6 guy now. Never woulda thunk it.

For others, I have two listed on the Sacramento craigslist, one pristine and the other w/ broken ear, along with other slant-six parts, photos and prices listed. Didn't want the hassle of shipping parts, but if somebody will pay that high cost (~$20 for USPS medium flat-rate box?), I'd do it. I've been running that ad for almost a year with only a few inquiries and no buyers actually show up. Worst part of cl is you have to renew every 7 days, and most inquiries are from scammers, though I've found FB Marketplace to draw even more likely scammers, or at least those who just message "Still Available?", then go dark. Not sure what their angle is.

Thanks Don, I shipped it last Thursday, tracking number is in your in box. It may take a few weeks to get there. Hope it doesnt slow or stall progress.
Got it! Thanks Perfect condition, I am going to use it as a templet to fix the old one as well, so I have one for each motor

-
Back