Anyone in Montreal?

Discussion in 'Canadian Region' started by DemonDave, Apr 11, 2018.

1. DemonDave

DemonDave I'm a little devil...

View My Photos
    Local Time:
    3:32 AM
    I ask as there is a 1971 Demon for sale at Hot Antique Garage in St. Jerome that has caught my eye but I'd really like to have someone knowledgeable about these cars to see it in person for me. The quarter panels look a bit weird (too much quarter hanging out behind the wheelwell chrome) and I really need to know if this is a tarted-up bondo-buggy or if it's as nice as the selling dealer says it is in their ad.

Buying long-distance sight-unseen is a scary prospect but I trust the knowledge of fellow FABO-ers!

Here's the ad:
    https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/dodge/demon/2087306.html

Can anyone help?

2. DemonDave

View My Photos
    Local Time:
    Wow, no one in Montreal.

Looking really close at the pictures reveals lots of weirdness in the quarter panels so I'm going to pass on this one. For the right price, it would be a great candidate for a restoration but I doubt that this dealer would let it go for what is it really worth.

Moving on!

3. philcollins

philcollins Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:32 AM
    That dealer is usually selling tarted-up car. Moved in N.B. so it’s to far to take a look but beware.

4. DemonDave

View My Photos
    Local Time:
    Their Google reviews don't seem that good except for one or two...

Regardless, I did speak to the shop's owner and he promised to send me a couple of requested pictures although he doesn't seem very interested in dealing with a buyer on the other side of the country. Time will tell how this plays out.

At the end of the day though, I have wanted an orange Demon 340 4-speed car since the late 1980's and am only now able to afford one. I just want to make sure that whichever car I buy is a good car.

PS: Thumbs-up for NB! Born in Fredericton, myself. :thumbsup: