Anyone in need of a bumper/rear end storage rack?

Car Parts For Sale Archive

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seventy2demon

Seventy2demon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:36 PM
    Contact Seller
    Hey guys, if anyone is interested, I have bumper/rear end rack available that is totally bolt together with NO WELDING!!! This is my prototype one and as you can see she's almost full!! Fully gusseted corners are super strong. I first had it just sitting on the floor in the corner, but then I decided to put castors on it for it to roll around. It's SWEET!!

You can use it for just about anything that's heavy and that you want off the garage floor. Rear ends, bumpers, stacking sheet metal, angle iron, box tubing, etc. It's 2' x 2' x 40" tall. If anyone is interested, let me know. There's enough material included to hang three rear ends per side. OBVIOUSLY keep the heavier stuff to the bottom and the lighter towards the top!!

I priced all the material for this at home depot and it was over $500.00 plus tax for everything. I can do it for $275.00 less any castors. It will come to you pre cut and ready to bolt together. I'm working on assembly instructions, LOL!! The castors would be up to you. It's totally adjustable as well!!

I'd like to see if anyone local would like one first, as shipping on this would be expensive I think just because of the weight (over 125 pounds) and it would need to go in a couple boxes. The longest piece is 40" long. I'm not comfortable making it any taller than 40" as the extreme weight holding capability might be compromised making it top heavy.

Give me some feedback. Thanks guys!!

2. Seventy2demon

Local Time:
    Anyone have any comments? Would this come in handy for anyone? :-D

I'm going to check on pricing tomorrow to see if I can get more of a discount if I get enough material to make 5 to 10 of them.

3. toolmanmike

toolmanmike FABO MODERATOR Staff Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    12:36 PM
    Great idea but most of us don't have 4 or 5 rear ends or bumpers laying around.
    toolman

4. Seventy2demon

Local Time:
    I guess I'm one of the rare ones that does!:toothy10:

5. 65 Dartman

65 Dartman FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    I'd be interested. With 4 A Body 8.75s and 1 B 8.75 plus a bunch of early A Bumpers, definitely would help clean up a little (and make my wife very happy!). Another idea would be to provide plans and a list of materials for a nominal fee (since you've done all the legwork) where someone could source their own materials and put it together. JMO

6. Seventy2demon

Local Time:

65 Dartman,

I did price all of this on Friday night over at my local Home Depot. First they didn't even have enough material to do just one rack and second it would cost over 500 bucks through them (Lowes was similar in price too), not including the castors and tax. Third is that four (I think) of the pieces needed for assembly were special order.

I was just doing this as a way to help out some fellow hobbyists that have too many rears ( :toothy10: ) and need storage space and this was a helpful way to help fund my project along too. The other nice thing about this rack I designed is that it simply bolts together. No welding.

I can get a good price on the material because of where I'm employed. It could be made a little cheaper, but I've revised the plans a little and added more beef to it to make it as strong as possible. I hope this helps to explain the direction I'm going with this. Thanks for the input! I really appreciate it!!:-D

7. prodart340

prodart340 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    man that's a lot of strut!!!!!

8. Mrmopartech

Mrmopartech Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I would be interested in one if the price was right.Or the plans for the set up,that you could sell to members with a materials list,and how to do it?I have some 8-12 diffs and bumpers,and need a storage area for them,and a easy way to get to them.mrmopartech

9. Seventy2demon

Local Time:

It sure is Brother!! It needs to be bulletproof!!! :toothy10:

10. Seventy2demon

Local Time:

I'm thinking the price I'm offering is extremely favorable. I priced Home Depot at over $500 (Lowes within a couple dollars) and a local electrical distributor came in at $453 or so not including tax at any of them.

Coming up with plans and a material list isn't a hard thing to do, but I have no idea what "plans and instructions" would sell for. I'm not trying to publish books or leaflets here (although a multi-million dollar deal would be awesome!!!), just trying to get something that works out to guys that could use it at a way better price than can be had locally.

If you guys want a list of material, let me know. Price it yourselves and let me know honestly what you come up with. Scan a quote and e-mail it to me. Most outfits will have no problem giving you a printed quote that's good for at least a week to thirty days.

If you want a material list, e-mail or pm me and I'll get it to you under the stipulation that you use it to price it locally and then e-mail me a copy of the quote you get. I think that is a fair Gentlemen's agreement, don't you think? After all, I'd like to know where I'm coming in at. I'm trying to price this to be affordable and highly functionable. Thanks!!

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.