Anyone know anything about Tommy John Surgery?

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
While back Ernestina fell and dislocated her elbow...
20191025_121807.jpg

She went to therapy until she hit the Medicare cap. Therapist said her elbow is stable but does not feel right. She has a sizeable, off color lump below her elbow. On call doc at the ER that dealt with it has said he is concerned by both the lump, the fact that it is still quite painful when she tries to touch her shoulder with that hand and the fact that she can not fully extend it. Sent her out for an MRI, report states she has "at least a high grade partial tear at the ulnar insertion of the ulnar collateral ligament".

Last we saw the ER doc he said that once he gets the report back he was going to forward it to 2 different cutters. He told us that the only fix, if she has anything town, is Tommy John Surgery.

Guess after I get my Spinal Cord Stimulator crap dealt with we shall move on to the next effing headache....

Doug, this link helps explain it. I almost had to get it done when I dislocated my elbow 30 years ago. Fortunately, I eventually healed and the surgery wasn’t necessary. Although it did take me close to 2 years to fully heal.

Ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction - Wikipedia
Thanks. When I was a teenager I tore my elbow up playing baseball. Had a neighbor that got me into the NY Yankees doctors. Told me I needed Tommy John Surgery, in my case recovery was going to be a very long drawn out deal...I walked away...

My Mom had something similar to this happen to her. She broke hers though and had to have multiple surgeries to fix it as it kept growing new bone together.

My ex wife should have had it done after throwing so much stuff at me during our 15 years together!!!

-
Back