Anyone Know what a "Karcher K series pressure washer receptacle is?

-

Johnny Mac

www.blueprintengines.com
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Evening all,

I received one of these little sandblast attachments exactly as pictured below. Problem is i have a "normal" pressure washer, just like the 10 before it, that all had screw on, i'm assuming M22, thread.

The plastic thing on the end of this attachment renders it basically useless for me. I've googled for the female version of this, to some kind of thread i can adapt, with no success. Even looked for a new handle that had this goofy receptacle. notta.

Any help out there in mopar land?

upload_2019-11-20_20-30-7.png

What brand pressure washer do you have and what is the psi of it?

here we go. I think this is it. looks like quality lol
upload_2019-11-20_20-44-38.png

here we go. I think this is it. looks like quality lol
View attachment 1715426250
That looks very interesting. If you order it let us know how it works. I have a Karcher pressure washer that my wife bought at a tag sale this summer. Only used it once, but it did work well. Now you got me wishing for spring to check this out; way too cold to be doing that now.

My question is, what do you do about flash rusting?

And fyi these are seriously $16 ON eBay for anyone that wants to try one. With the RIGHT Threaded end, instead of this dumb one I got with the weird end.

That looks very interesting. If you order it let us know how it works. I have a Karcher pressure washer that my wife bought at a tag sale this summer. Only used it once, but it did work well. Now you got me wishing for spring to check this out; way too cold to be doing that now.

I just bought an identical one for $19 on eBay with the "correct" end for my machine. If you want this karcher thing for whatever it cost to ship lmk. I can't see buying a $9 adapter when the RIGHT attachment is only $19

My question is, what do you do about flash rusting?
They make specific rust inhibitors to use during wet blasting and rinsing afterward. Get the right stuff and flash rust isn’t an issue. In fact, some of the better inhibitors also promote paint adhesion and bonding of the finish to the cleaned metal.

The science and technology of doing this has progressed substantially in the past few years.

Really? Does that really work?

Typically, yes. With a ph over about 8.5 rust is pretty well inhibited. It's not stopped, but slowed by a large amount.

There's better ways, but cheap and good enough can be good for many jobs. Actual results will depend on the quality of water available and it's mineral/chlorone content. Also worth mentioning that high ph can be as bad as low when it comes to burn safety. Proper precautions, always.

are these available for generic washers? I got the blue HF Hydrostar 1650 after I wore out my old yellow one. I got the cleanest driveway on my block! It also takes the stain right off those redwood fence slats you get at Homie Depot.

-
Back