Anyone know where to find one of these??

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Last night taking my steering gear off my kframe, I broke the bottom mount bolt. Anyone know where I can get one?? It's a 1/2" 12 point, 1/2" coarse thread and 1 3/4" long. Grade 8 Any ideas where to get one? Im gonna chk out the jobbers today.

Thanks
4spdragtop

Attachments

• DSCF0192 (Medium).JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 349
if you live near a fastenal store , then try there. i was amazed when i looked through their catalog at all the hardware they have.

Not all year models had those special bolt heads. Whatever you use be sure to put locktite on them. Those are the bolts that locktite was made for after all..

Not all year models had those special bolt heads. Whatever you use be sure to put locktite on them. Those are the bolts that locktite was made for after all..

Im wondering why 12 point??

All the fastenal brafasco etc guys want usually a $10-20 minimum purchase. I dont really want to spend that much for one bolt, but I will chk them out.

Thanks

Im wondering why 12 point??

All the fastenal brafasco etc guys want usually a $10-20 minimum purchase. I dont really want to spend that much for one bolt, but I will chk them out.

Thanks
Yah i hear you...............Ive gone in there before and its a hit or miss........Usually they dont care..........My luck anyway..TSC isnt a bad place to check as well...Good luck.

Lowes, has a pretty fair selection of hardware compared to Home Depot or Can Tire.
Just a thought for you if one is near by. I hate Brafasco for the same reason as you. I won't even give them a chance any more, real dumb on there part.
Good luck.
Oh, try National Moparts if you have no luck, 1-888-652-7464, Beaverton, Ont.

onig

Lowes, has a pretty fair selection of hardware compared to Home Depot or Can Tire.
Just a thought for you if one is near by. I hate Brafasco for the same reason as you. I won't even give them a chance any more, real dumb on there part.
Good luck.
Oh, try National Moparts if you have no luck, 1-888-652-7464, Beaverton, Ont.

onig

Thanks Onig, I tried a few places today....Brafasco, Acklands Grainger...nadda. Fastenal can get it, and less than a buck. I was going to Nigels on Saturday anyway, so I will see if he has one.
Thanks!!

I prefer to call it the holy **** bolt.

Cause if that bolt loosens up ... you will be saying "HOLY ****!"

Did you find this bolt? Let me know. We just stripped a 68 Barracuda and I might still have two of them. (the third is stuck with the head stripped). If you need them, I will give them to you.

The reason that they are 12 point is that they had to make the head smaller than the "standard" bolt, so they put 12 points on it so they can reach the required torque in the minimal space that they have to use it in.

I doubt that you will find this at your local parts store or hardware store. I'm sure that they had it specially made for this application by a bolt supplier.

-
Back