Anyone local or semi-close that might help me setup my suregrip center section?

-

MobileCustoms

Reaction score
After tearing my reaerend down and talking to Cass at Dr. Diff, he sent me new gears & bearing kit for my 8 3/4. I have a the service manual but lack some of the specialty tools and more importantly, the experience for this particular task.

Willing to even drive a good bit over the long weekend if anyone is up for it and some cold beers & shootin' the sh*t. I will gladly pay for your time as well. I would really like to see how it's done and have a hand in it for future purposes as opposed to just bringing it to a shop, if possible.

Changing from 4.56 that the car came with to 3.73 gears. Eager to see how it behaves.
It's a clutch style, 742 case.

I am in the twin cities area (St. Paul suburb).

Thanks, figured it can't hurt to ask!

-Doug

I sure wish I was closer. I would come help in a minute. I know that's worthless as tits on a boarhog though.

Sounds crazy but youtube! I have got plenty of youtube degrees. Hell wired my garage with the help of some guys video in Arkansas. Tear it down and take pics of every single step and post here. Guys could walk u thru it on the forum. It would teach us while ur at it. Plenty of knowledge and willingness to teach here ! Love this site for those reasons

There is a shop here in St. Cloud called "JMJ Transmission" place is a small cluttered old shop but the owner and his staff are awesome, they know their Mopar stuff and the owner has some cool Mopars as well....he set up a 8 3/4 section for me awhile back and still going good :glasses7:

My uncle helped me go through the one in my Valiant and was a big help. Also have a buddy who knows Mopars that might be willing to do it, I can check with both of them. BTW, they are both FABO members :glasses7:

My uncle helped me go through the one in my Valiant and was a big help. Also have a buddy who knows Mopars that might be willing to do it, I can check with both of them. BTW, they are both FABO members :glasses7:

Hell, I would be up for a road trip this weekend if that was an option, Keith!
Coors Light, right???
:D

Hell, I would be up for a road trip this weekend if that was an option, Keith!
Coors Light, right???
:D

Yup, cold Coors...but not sure this weekend would work, uncle is busy but can check with my friend, but he was planning a road trip up north on his vintage chopper

-
Back