Anyone put a fuel cell in a 64-66 Cuda? Bad idea? Fumes?

-
Bad idea. Don't run a cell. There is absolutely no reason to.

You can hook the factory fill to the cell and vent the cell under the car. That would eliminate any smell but you'll still lose your trunk.

Here are 2 viable options and you can still keep your trunk.

1. Hot rod city garage makes aluminum fuel cells that bolt in the factory location. They can be setup for EFI, etc.

2. Aeromotive makes stealth tanks and EFI pumps that work in them. These require a bit more fabrication work to install but have some other advantages.

IF u have rear strut bars off of ur roll bar, u ain`t got any trunk anyway !! Battery back there makes it even smaller . You wind up w/ a useless tire well.

depends how an where you mount the battery. Mine didn't cost me trunk space.

THe bars cost some for sure. Not as much as a cell

In line fuel pump out of the question?
Im almost certain theres a high pressure pump available.

My buddy’s 69 gmc gas the tank behind the seat,grafting his efi pump into a smaller (pt cruiser)
Tank.

In line fuel pump out of the question?
Im almost certain theres a high pressure pump available.

My buddy’s 69 gmc gas the tank behind the seat,grafting his efi pump into a smaller (pt cruiser)
Tank.
Hey Tooljunkie, that's an interesting idea and hadn't thought of that. More and more I'm leaning towards the Tanks EFI tank, pump, and regulator. More brains think better than one and I appreciate the idea!

Well, if you think about it-the pump hangs on a pipe. So cut the stock pipe and connect electric pump, devise a seal/grommet for the wiring and plug it in.

For the price of that well cell, 500$, I would patch 90* strips the corners of the wheel well and fit a square cell in the hole. Obviously this would be cutting up the trunk floor though

When I ran a cell I had a sheet metal up made to fit it. Cost me maybe 150$ for the tub and I cut out the trunk floor and welded the tub in then mounted my cell in the tub. It sat down as far into the trunk floor as possible and then I had a cover made for it.

Lots of money and work and time. Wasted....

buy a factory under mounted cell and be done with it.

When I ran a cell I had a sheet metal up made to fit it. Cost me maybe 150$ for the tub and I cut out the trunk floor and welded the tub in then mounted my cell in the tub. It sat down as far into the trunk floor as possible and then I had a cover made for it.

Lots of money and work and time. Wasted....

buy a factory under mounted cell and be done with it.

I re built an old s 10 small gas tank for one of my hemi`s, back in the day, much like what ur talking about. Mounted in the trunk floor. f I remember right , it only held 8-10 gal of gas. Rules at that time stated stock tank, didn`t say for what.

Don't know if this will help you but this is what I did with my 68 Barracuda.

fuel system barracuda.jpg

fuel system barracuda-2.jpg

-
Back