Anyone running a 9 inch?

-

Kidd

Reaction score
When I got my drag car shell, it had a narrowed 9 inch with disks on it.....thats why its still under it.LOL
Having said that, last weekend I found a weak link, and broke the welds holding the passenger perch to the housing, crossbrace smashed my shocks, and car almost hit the wall.
I am going to make sure the housing is fine, then reweld it.Add in new SS springs, and new MP 50/50 shocks........BUT, is there a snubber out there for a 9 inch? I cant seem to find one if there is.Or do you think the SS springs replacing the old( were told they were SS) tired springs will be enough?
Thanks for the time....if I had more money, I would narrow up my last 8 3/4 and build it, but mid season, and funding is low.
Andrew/Kidd

Try clamping the front spring segment and un-clamping the rear. By clamping each section, it will help eliminate spring wrap.

I have a Ford 9" behind my 493 stroker 65 Belvedere. Works for me!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 317
I have the fronts clamped, and no clamps on the rear sections, I noticed a dimple in the drivers side shock near the crossbrace.....so it has moved at some point . I did run it a few times before I unclamped the rear section though.
Scooby- do you run a snubber at all? What springs are you running? I didnt notice( or remember) if you mentioned.
Andrew

I have the fronts clamped, and no clamps on the rear sections, I noticed a dimple in the drivers side shock near the crossbrace.....so it has moved at some point . I did run it a few times before I unclamped the rear section though.
Scooby- do you run a snubber at all? What springs are you running? I didnt notice( or remember) if you mentioned.
Andrew

No snubber. Running QA1 Pro-Coils in the rear.

I am running a 9 in. with stock leaf springs and home made caltrac bars severely nose heavy D50. 1.33 60ft. 6.21 @110 in the 1/8 so far with M/T ET Street drag radials.

Anyone running a 9 inch ? Well I don't mean to brag but :D

Lol. Nice!
My buddy offered me up a set of SS from his barracuda. I can't locate a pinion snubber right now, so might build one if once put back together with the MP shocks and SS springs it still rotates to much.
What makes me scratch my head is both shocks had dings from the cross brace but the universal still held up and is fine.

Considered a 9" way back. But the pinon being centered in the third member made it look 'funny' to me.

Pinion snubber = door stop.
Ideally , a CalTrac type arrangement if you are married to the leaf spring idea.
S/S leafs and clamps certainly work , but there are better ways to skin this particular cat.
As long as you have the housing out for welding ( I am assuming it is out ) I'd consider a ladder bar set up.

-
Back