Anyone running a cable throttle body on a 5.7?

-

70chall440

Mopar or No Car...
Reaction score
I just ordered a new 5.7 crate motor and am wanting to run a cable TB.

What are your plans for ignition and fuel system?

Currently I am planning on using a Holley system for ignition/control. As for fuel, I assume you mean the system (tank, pump, etc.) for that I will probably use a Tanks Inc. system or maybe a Holley system. I will make all my own likes (have already done this a number of times).

The adapter is 92mm, did not see any larger or smaller when I was doing mine, so just went with the 92mm TB. Quick and easy. I did see where FAST had a TB which did not need the adapter, but it was pricey.

Thanks. There are a number of them on the market but as you note, they are spendy.

i run 90mm acufab on my twin turbo 411 g3 hemi. its a real healthy engine on its own. there isnt a noticable increase from 90mm to 110mm tb.

I am going to put in a new comp cam or possibly a 392 cam, but other than that I don't intend to modify it more than that.

Well... its really worth 65 HP, the 100 HP is based on peak to peak numbers which really isn't a useful number, however it does make a real 65 HP increase over stock. They are not cheap, $445 for a cam is a little spendy but it is what it is.

Well... its really worth 65 HP, the 100 HP is based on peak to peak numbers which really isn't a useful number, however it does make a real 65 HP increase over stock. They are not cheap, $445 for a cam is a little spendy but it is what it is.

"65hp" is actually a "Peak to Peak" Hp. It is the difference between Peak Stock hp to HRT Peak hp

+100hp rating is the difference in Hp of both cams at a specific RPM. For the Stage1 non-VVT its ~6300rpm and 6000rpm for the 5.7l Eagle. It used to highlight how bad the stock cam chokes at higher RPM, which is very useful info to most everyone.

F143841031.jpg

cca-mk201-300-17-graph.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely true, however if a 5.7 is producing 383 HP bone stock, the addition of the cam does not make it 483 and reading the headlines of the article about the cam implies that. I agree that the 100HP is a useful number if analyzing cams, just that it comes off as a little misleading. Either way, it is a huge increase and something I am probably going to put into my new 5.7.

I have the BBK-1792 on my 6.1. No adapter plate needed and the cable hook up is on the correct side for my setup

Does a cable operated TB require aftermarket EFI controls? Or can the OEM setup be configured to work?

I am not sure but there has to be a TBS so that side should be the same.

I’m in the middle of the swap so it’s not connected. I test ran it on a stand. I drilled and tapped the shaft and added the external TPS potentiometer.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thats pretty cool. Do you have any pictures of it on the engine? Where did you get the TPS?

I used a 5K potentiometer and attached it to the middle gear. Thinking about using the original actuator for cruise control in the future. I’ll see if I have a picture from my testing.

Currently I am planning on using a Holley system for ignition/control. As for fuel, I assume you mean the system (tank, pump, etc.) for that I will probably use a Tanks Inc. system or maybe a Holley system. I will make all my own likes (have already done this a number of times).
Isnt the new terminator stuff DBW capable now?

440 - yes, I am using an Ebay throttle body and a car 5.7 intake. EFISource has the adapters for this conversion.

Gen 3 Hemi throttle body adapter - EFI Source

92mm Throttle body + TPS IAC Throttle Position Sensor For LSX LS LS1 LS2 LS7 | eBay
Did you have any issues getting 100% throttle position using a stock throttle pedal? I'm also using an Ebay 92mm throttle body but only getting around 75% open, trying to figure out how to increase my cable travel without having to extend my pedal to get more throw. I'll extend the pedal if I have to, just trying to find an alternative before doing that.

-
Back